In the trailer Tom Hanks perfectly embodies the beloved TV personality.
Last year, Morgan Neville's documentary, Won't You Be My Neighbor, came out and touched hearts across the nation.
Today, the trailer for Sony's A Beautiful Day in The Neighborhood came out, to the delight of Mister Rogers fans everywhere. Based on the trailer, it appears that the director, Marielle Heller ("Can You Ever Forgive Me," "Diary of a Teenage Girl"), was able to capture the best of both Mister Rogers as a person and Tom Hanks as an actor. Throughout the two-minute clip, Hanks embodies the television personality's mannerisms and spirit that captured so many children's imagination. It's difficult to argue that this casting choice—the beloved and kind Tom Hanks playing the beloved and kind Fred Rogers—is anything other than impeccable.
The film itself explores the real-life friendship between Mister Rogers (Hanks) and Lloyd Vogel (Matthew Rhys), a wary journalist assigned to profile the man who seems too good to be true. Watch the trailer below:
A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD - Official Trailer (HD) www.youtube.com
- The Mister Rogers Documentary Trailer Is Here To Make It A Truly ... ›
- Soulful, Inspiring Mister Rogers Movie Trailer Just Might Make You Cry ›
- A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood Director on Creating Mr ... ›
- Marielle Heller recreated Mister Rogers world with Tom Hanks | EW ... ›
- Tom Hanks' Mr Rogers movie 'A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood ... ›
- See Tom Hanks as Mister Rogers in new A Beautiful Day in the ... ›
There's a big problem with the trailer for Morbius, Sony's upcoming Marvel outing that is definitely not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe even though it has Michael Keaton reprising his role as Vulture (please let us keep our license, Disney!).
See if you can spot it.
MORBIUS - Teaser Trailer www.youtube.com
If you answered, "Sampling Beethoven's 'Für Elise' to line up with blue-tinted action shots is the absolute lowest effort, brain-dead attempt to signify 'gothic vampire movie' in the entire history of movie trailers," you're correct, but that's still not the biggest problem with Morbius. No, the biggest problem is that Morbius is played by Jared Leto.
The best thing about movies is that sometimes they feature cats.
Cats are great. They are furry purr-boxes that usually hate you. Whether they're the hero, the villain, or just kind of there, nothing beats watching a movie and seeing a cat on-screen. So we've compiled a list of the best REAL cats in movies. That means the movie needs to feature a REAL cat instead of an animated cat, because otherwise this would just be a list of cartoon cats. These cats are REAL, and they're works of art:
- 33 Drunken Thoughts I Had During "Cats," The Greatest Movie ... ›
- Why “Cats” Is the Cult Movie Classic of the Future - Popdust ›
- Why Do We Need a "Cats" Movie? - Popdust ›