11 Books That Changed Celebrities' Lives
Find your next read here.
Books can change your life.
Celebrities know this, and many of them have been more than willing to share their favorite reads with the public. From Beyonce to Donald Glover to Emma Roberts, here are 11 celebrities' book recommendations. They'll give you a unique window into the mind of your favorite star—and maybe they'll even catapult you onto your own path to stardom.
11. Lady Gaga: Letters to a Young Poet
It seems that even if you're Lady Gaga, you still need some grounding words of encouragement.
"I read Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet every day," Gaga once said. She's shown her love for the German philosopher in many forms, once reading a verse from the book onstage, and she even has a tattoo of a quote of his that reads:
Prüfen Sie, ob er in der tiefsten Stelle Ihres
Herzens seine Wurzeln ausstreckt, gestehen
Sie sich ein, ob Sie sterben müßten, wenn es Ihnen
versagt würde zu schreiben. Muss ich schreiben?
That translates to:
"In the deepest hour of the night,
Confess to yourself that you would die if you were forbidden to write.
And look deep into your heart where it spreads its roots, the answer,
and ask yourself, must I write?"
- Why "The HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy" Is the Book of 2020 - Popdust ›
- 10 Highlights from the Democratic National Convention - Popdust ›
- Celebrity Reading Lists ›
- Celebrity Picks ›
- Celebrity Book Clubs 2019 | POPSUGAR Celebrity ›
- Celebrity Book Club: What Stars Are Reading | PEOPLE.com ... ›
- The best celebrity book picks of 2018 - She Reads ›
- 25 Celebrities' Favorite Books ›
- 42 Celebrities Reveal Their Favorite Books of All Time ›
- 15 Celebrity Book Clubs and Bookish Celebrities to Follow in 2019 ›
- 17 Books Recommended by Your Favorite Celebrities | Real Simple ›
- 20 Great Celebrity Book Recommendations | Book Riot ›