7 People Who Escaped Their Famous Parents' Shadows
Sometimes, the apple does fall far from the tree.
Nepotism has been making a lot of headlines recently, with Hunter Biden catching a lot of heat for riding his father's coattails into a $600,000/year gig in Ukraine.
And while some of that heat has come from sources that are laughably ill-positioned to criticize, it's depressingly true that the children of famous and powerful people have an easy time finding their ways into boardrooms, record deals, universities, and runways. But what about the world leader's son who performs in drag? Or the actor's daughter who took up painting? If we're really going to criticize nepotism, then we should take some time to celebrate the children who step out of their parents' shadows to do something truly original.
Eddie Murphy's Daughter Is an Incredible Painter
Bria Murphy is obviously a beautiful woman, and she had the opportunity to leverage her looks and her father's connections into a lucrative modeling career, but she chose to follow her passion instead. She says that her paintings are inspired by her belief in the Ancient Astronaut theory and the slightly more grounded desire to empower African American women. Whatever her motivations, there's no denying that she's incredibly talented.
- How Mick Jagger's feckless son James finally escaped his father's ... ›
- Joe Hill: 'How I escaped the shadow of my father, Stephen King' ›
- Celeb kids who never lived up to their parents ›
- 10 Successful People Trapped In Their Parents' Shadow - Listverse ›
- Politics in the Family: Nepotism and the Hiring Decisions of Italian ... ›
- Nepotism in the movies: it's time to call out the acting school of mum ... ›
- Anti-Nepotism Laws Might Prevent Donald Trump's Son-In-Law ... ›