Trump may not read, but he does love to recommend books.
It's well-known that Donald Trump doesn't read.
Admittedly, reading can be hard in the social media age of distraction and SparkNotes. Maybe if you're the president of the entire United States, you should perhaps read–but who are we to judge?
The president is the author of more than eight books and has sporadically mentioned and tweeted about a few of his favorite reads, which include Unlikeable: The Problem with Hillary Clinton and Box of Butterflies, a motivational book about finding the "unexpected blessings" all around us. This list also contains many, many books about the so-called Trump "witch hunt." Most of the books merely rehash pro-Trump propaganda points, but really, they speak for themselves.
All of them come from different places—comments, speeches, Twitter endorsements—so it's not entirely apparent whether or not Trump has read these books. Either way, they provide a fascinating window into the president's mind, which seems to be some kind of echo chamber or hall of mirrors, constantly reflecting his own voice back to him.
8. Box of Butterflies by Roma Downey
You might know Roma Downey from the TV show Touched Like An Angel, in which Downey portrays the angel. "Ever since she was a little girl, Roma has seen butterflies as a reminder of God's presence. They have appeared to her in moments when she needed encouragement and reminded her she is not alone," its description reads. Apparently, Trump loves a little self-help as much as anyone.
- 12 Celebrities Who Are Feeling the Bern - Popdust ›
- Why "The HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy" Is the Book of 2020 - Popdust ›
- Donald Trump's Year of Reading: Here are the books the president ... ›
- Trump vs Obama: Presidential Book Recommendations Compared ... ›
- The President Who Doesn't Read - The Atlantic ›
- The Obama reading list compared with Trump's (opinion) - CNN ›
- Trump's reading list: 11 books the president plugged in 2019 ›
- Obama's and Trump's summer reading lists ›
- 10 Books Donald Trump Loves | National News | US News ›
- The presidential library: 10 books Trump recommended this year ... ›