It makes me want to get up in the morning.
The Frozen 2 soundtrack features beloved acts such as Kacey Musgraves and Panic! at the Disco, but Weezer's version of "Lost in the Woods" is an unholy force of 80s power ballads and 90s nostalgia.
An icon of 90s alt rock, Weezer is emblematic of nerd rock for many millennials, but to the upcoming Generation Alpha (those born from 2010-2024) they may become Disney stars. In Weezer's music video, frontman River Cuomo re-enacts, scene for scene, Kristoff (Jonathan Graff)'s performance of the 80s-inspired power ballad (including Kristen Bell dressed in full Anna gear!). Frozen's Academy Award-winning songwriters, Robert Lopez and his wife, Kristen Anderson-Lopez, say they took inspiration from Bryan Adams and their youth so they could tackle the big emotional questions addressed in the song (questioning whether or not an established relationship is still right for you) while also having fun.
Above all, seeing Cuomo, 49, and bandmates (ages 48 to 54 years old) standing in a knock-off Enchanted Forest in an homage to the most popular children's movie in the world is hilariously cringey. I want to watch this video first thing in the morning when I'm questioning why anyone bothers to get dressed and leave the house, while I'm on the train surrounded by screaming children and two businessmen aggressively bantering over my head, and after work while I'm too tired to believe there will be a future, and so maybe I won't have to do it all again tomorrow. Maybe it's the earnest yearning of the song matched by Cuomo's lost eyes. Maybe it's the purple backlighting on the sound stage. Maybe it's Frozen 2's not so hidden messaging about climate change and the fact that climate crisis is imminent.
We're all lost in the woods, motherf*ckers–and we're all creepy people wearing adult costumes, stalking around the wilderness, looking for connection that isn't there.
Weezer - Lost in the Woods (From "Frozen 2") youtu.be
- Disney Agreed to Respect Indigenous People In "Frozen II" - Popdust ›
- Elsa Commits Genocide: Predictions From the Frozen 2 Trailer ... ›
- "Frozen 2": Race, Reparations, and Revisionist History - Popdust ›
- Weezer to cover 'Frozen 2' song for movie soundtrack ›
- LISTEN: Weezer Have Released Their New Song From The Frozen ... ›
- 'Frozen 2' soundtrack includes Panic! At The Disco, Weezer, more ›
- Stream Weezer, Kacey Musgraves' Covers from the Frozen 2 ... ›
- 'Frozen 2' Soundtrack to Feature Seven New Songs - Rolling Stone ›
- Weezer and Kacey Musgraves cover songs from 'Frozen 2' soundtrack ›
- Weezer Have A Song On Disney's Frozen 2 Soundtrack - News ... ›
- Weezer – Lost in the Woods (Weezer Version) Lyrics | Genius Lyrics ›
- Weezer "Lost in the Woods" - 91.9 WFPK Independent Louisville ›
- Here's Weezer's New Song for the 'Frozen 2' Soundtrack | SPIN ›
- Weezer - Lost In The Woods Lyrics | AZLyrics.com ›
- Lost in the Woods - Weezerpedia ›
WATCH: Billie Eilish Declares Your Opinion Of Her "Not My Responsibility" In Powerful New Short Film
The young star bears all in "NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY."
Break out pop star and five time Grammy-award-winner Billie Eilish is sick of your body shaming.
The 18-year-old just dropped a powerful new short film in which she slowly removes her clothes as we hear her voice hypnotically decry the media's obsession with her body. She says, "Some people hate what I wear. Some people praise it. Some people use it to shame others. Some people use it to shame me. But I feel you watching, always, and nothing I do goes unseen. So, whether I feel your stares, your disapproval, or your sigh of relief—if I lived by them, I'd never be able to move. Would you like me to be smaller? Weaker? Softer? Taller? Would you like me to be quiet? Do my shoulders provoke you? Does my chest? Am I my stomach, my hips?" Meanwhile, she strips to a black bikini in slow motion, eventually sinking into a pool of black viscous liquid and declaring your opinion "not my responsibility."
- Billie Eilish Didn't Need All Those Grammys - Popdust ›
- Lana Del Rey, Billie Eilish, and the Sexist Backlash Against Female ... ›
- Billie Eilish Releases Homophobic New Song - Popdust ›
- Billie Eilish's “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go ... ›
- How to Get Billie Eilish's Baggy-Chic Look - Topdust ›
Progressive psych-rock with trippy energy.