I don't think I've ever been as interested in royals as I've been since Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced their "step back" from the Royal Family earlier this year.
Back in January, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced their plan to try being kind of normal in a divergence that's so cleverly been dubbed "Megxit." The couple are now splitting their time between the U.K. and North America, creating a perfect opportunity for Meghan to attend this year's Met Gala. Whispers have been circulating about the former Suits star maybe, possibly, getting back into acting, and this year's gala will serve as a perfect Hollywood homecoming for Meghan.
But Harry won't be by his lady's side; instead, Meghan will be attending with British Vogue editor-in-chief Edward Enninful. This pairing checks out, as Meghan guest-edited the magazine's September issue. The Met Gala will also mark Meghan's first public appearance as a non-royal; she and Harry will be stripped of their aristocratic titles come April 1.
"Meghan is keen to step out occasionally without Harry so that she can establish herself once more in Hollywood," an anonymous source told The Sun. In other words: Meghan seems to be thriving. Cutting ties with the Royal Family and attending the Met Gala is a major own.
- Meghan Markle Fury: Harry's Wife Allegedly Plotting Revenge ... ›
- Met Gala 2019: Will Meghan Markle attend to support Serena ... ›
- Anna Wintour says Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton are her ... ›
- Meghan Markle to attend Met Gala in New York with Vogue editor ... ›
- Rumor Has It Meghan Markle Will Attend the Met Gala 2020 ›
- Meghan Markle to attend star-studded Met Gala alongside Vogue ... ›
- Meghan Markle to attend star-studded Met Gala in May after quitting ... ›
- Meghan Markle Will Reportedly Attend the Met Gala 2020 | InStyle ... ›
- Meghan Markle Invited to Met Gala 2020 ›
- Meghan Markle will reportedly attend Met Gala after Megxit ›
Can you distinguish the truth from the lies? No Googling!
1. Woody Harrelson's dad was a contract killer.
ABC via Getty Images
- 10 Most Shocking Celebrity Facts You Didn't Know | The Quizzery ›
- #Shocking #Celebrity #Facts You Never Knew Before in 2020 | Fun ... ›
- 42 Baffling Facts About Strange Celebrity Behavior ›
- 19 Weird Celebrity Facts That Are 100% True ›
- 42 Little Known Facts About Famous People ›
- 42 Celebrity Facts You Won't Ever Forget ›
- 50 Crazy Celebrity Facts You Won't Believe Are True | Best Life ›
- Shocking Celebrity Facts You Never Knew: Quiz ›
- Top 100 Celebrity Facts | The Fact Site ›
- Weird Celebrity Facts Quiz - By Royals12Gordon ›
America's tendency to romanticize antebellum plantations is at odds with efforts to reckon with our dark past.
Warning: This article contains graphic depictions and descriptions of the horrors of chattel slavery in America.
Planning a wedding is among the most stressful things you can do.
Basically everyone you know will be there, judging your choices of clothing, hair, decor, food, music...napkin rings. Okay, so maybe most wedding guests aren't actually scathing critics looking for your every misstep, but for a day that's supposed to be one of the happiest in your life, there's a hell of a lot of pressure to get things right.
Now imagine that you found the perfect venue—charming and rustic, with beautiful views, and plenty of room for all your guests. Does it even matter what that venue is called? What difference does it make if that perfect spot is called Stinkpile Manor, or Festering Wound Estate, or Boone Hall Plantation…