We are highlighting and dissecting the drama of a womanizing pedophile, a racist, and a sl*t-shaming cyberbully—as if these people matter.
Once again, YouTubers have proved that they're the worst subset of people.
It was just revealed that YouTuber ProJared will be separating from his wife, Heidi O' Ferrall. In a statement on Twitter, Jared claimed that Ferrall's "mental wellbeing" and "discretion" will remain "the highest priority" through the divorce. But, according to Ferrall, that's not actually the case. "I recently learned that my husband ProJared has been f**king Holly Conrad behind my back for months," Ferrall tweeted out, along with a screenshot showing that her husband had blocked her. "I have no idea what announcement he just made."
For those of you still reading about these sad internet gargoyles for some reason, Ferrall's juicy twitter thread continued with a number of heavy accusations against the popular gamer, including "explicit conversations" over the years with this Holly Conrad person. She also accused ProJared of gaslighting her when she confronted him about his infidelity. He allegedly insisted that "the only thing wrong with our marriage was [her.]" She also sl*t-shamed Holly Conrad and additionally alleged that her husband had solicited nudes from his fans "for years." She said the latter was fine, though, calling it "ostensibly a body-positive space for consenting adults." Well...
The backlash against ProJared has been severe—well, not really, but it probably feels severe in his little bubble of narcissism—as he was removed as a moderator from his subreddit and replaced by fellow YouTubers Scott the Woz and JonTron, the latter of whom believes in racial profiling and ethnic cleansing. ProJared has also lost over 30,000 subscribers from his popular YouTube channel.
I could talk more about this, but frankly, I'm mostly riddled with questions. Why do people care about this toxic braggadocio? I'm truly asking. Is there something I'm missing here? In this small subsection of YouTube culture, we're highlighting and dissecting the drama of a womanizing pedophile, a racist, and a sl*t-shaming cyberbully.
In separate but related news, a woman was drugged at Jake Paul's house party a few days ago, and a few months ago Shane Dawson had to explain that he didn't "actually" have sex with his cat. The moral of this story is that YouTube culture is toxic. There are no winners here. Please cancel YouTubers. Everyone should go read a book. I'm tired.
Mackenzie Cummings-Grady is a creative writer who resides in the Brooklyn area. Mackenzie's work has previously appeared in The Boston Globe, Billboard, and Metropolis Magazine. Follow him on Twitter @mjcummingsgrady.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- What's going on with ProJared and his marriage? : OutOfTheLoop ›
- Jared Knabenbauer on Twitter: "Much love to Miss Editor for keeping ... ›
- Gaming Youtuber ProJared Allegedly Creeped On, Fished for ... ›
- ProJared | Game Grumps Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia ›
- Holly Conrad: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com ›
You'll never guess #1 (*wink wink*)
The 4th of July means you'll probably get plenty of time to watch movies about aliens.
Why aliens? Because it's Independence Day, silly: the day our forefathers signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776, freeing the thirteen American colonies from British rule. As a nation of immigrants, one could argue that we're all aliens on this special day. So without further ado, here are the top five Alien movies to watch on Independence Day (*wink wink*).
- Why Bad Movies Are Better Than Good Ones - Popdust ›
- What Happened to Disaster Movies? Oh, We're Living in One ... ›
- The latest installment of the Alien franchise disappoints. - Popdust ›
- World UFO Day: The 10 best alien films, from ET: The Extra ... ›
- Scariest alien movies. - IMDb ›
- The Top 30 alien invasion movies, ranked | SYFY WIRE ›
- 10 great films about aliens visiting Earth | BFI ›
- Alien Movies Ranked From Worst To Best | IndieWire ›
- Best ALIEN INVASION Movie Trailers - YouTube ›
- The 11 Best Alien Movies on Netflix to Watch Tonight [July 2019] ›
- Alien Movies Ranked from Worst to Best | Collider ›
- Best Alien Movies | List of Top Films About Aliens ›
- The greatest alien encounter movies, ranked ›
New Zealand's greatest writer-director-actor has some big new projects coming up, but it's worth looking back at his previous work
A lot of filmmakers keep themselves apart from their work.
You can watch all of their films, learn to recognize their style and vision, and still be left with the mystery of who their creator is. That's not the case with New Zealand filmmaker Taika Waititi.