It's Halloween, so if you wanna scare your friends, here is your chance.
Halloween is right around the corner, and while the music video art form is undergoing a transformation thanks to streaming, many of today's artists still rely on music videos to help elevate their music.
Sometimes, the results are horrifying. We all remember the day we were first exposed to Marilyn Manson's eerie music video for "The Beautiful People," or what we were doing when Tool's cartoonish depictions of rape in "Prison Sex" sent us all reeling. As shown by our list below, the music video format is one that can truly shock and awe, and while horror films are having their moment this week, let's revisit some of the most disturbing music videos in recent memory.
"A Little Piece of Heaven" By Avenged Sevenfold
The playful animation, musical skeletons, and goofy cut-outs quickly lull the viewer into a false sense of security, but the next thing you know, the video's protagonist is killing his girlfriend and viciously raping her rotting corpse. At one point he even purchases a heater to keep her body warm. The cartoonish nature elevates the disturbing narrative told by M. Shadows and will forever change the way we listen to this song.
- Nine Inch Nails' 1993 "Broken," the Most Disturbing Music Video ... ›
- Top 10 Most Disturbing Metal Music Videos | Metal Amino ›
- Top 10 Gory, Disturbing, And F#@%ed Up Music Videos | Yell ... ›
- Top 10: Disturbing Music Videos - WatchMojo ›
- The 30 Most Disturbing Songs of All Time | Dallas Observer ›
- Top 10 Most Disturbing YouTube Videos of All Time - YouTube ›
- Top 10 Most Disturbing Music Videos of All Time - TheTopTens® ›
- Top 10 Most Terrifying Music Videos - YouTube ›
- The 13 Scariest Music Videos of All Time ›
- TOP 10 Most DISTURBING Music Videos! - YouTube ›
There's a big problem with the trailer for Morbius, Sony's upcoming Marvel outing that is definitely not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe even though it has Michael Keaton reprising his role as Vulture (please let us keep our license, Disney!).
See if you can spot it.
MORBIUS - Teaser Trailer www.youtube.com
If you answered, "Sampling Beethoven's 'Für Elise' to line up with blue-tinted action shots is the absolute lowest effort, brain-dead attempt to signify 'gothic vampire movie' in the entire history of movie trailers," you're correct, but that's still not the biggest problem with Morbius. No, the biggest problem is that Morbius is played by Jared Leto.
The best thing about movies is that sometimes they feature cats.
Cats are great. They are furry purr-boxes that usually hate you. Whether they're the hero, the villain, or just kind of there, nothing beats watching a movie and seeing a cat on-screen. So we've compiled a list of the best REAL cats in movies. That means the movie needs to feature a REAL cat instead of an animated cat, because otherwise this would just be a list of cartoon cats. These cats are REAL, and they're works of art:
- 33 Drunken Thoughts I Had During "Cats," The Greatest Movie ... ›
- Why “Cats” Is the Cult Movie Classic of the Future - Popdust ›
- Why Do We Need a "Cats" Movie? - Popdust ›