The Grammy Award winner has added her name to the long list of artists to feature on Bond film soundtracks.
Billie Eilish is everywhere these days.
You can't turn on an awards show without seeing the 18-year-old clad in baggy designer clothes and sporting her signature thousand-mile stare. Now, her quiet, velvety voice will feature in the upcoming James Bond film No Time to Die. The new single shares its name with the film and begins the way many Eilish songs do: quietly and hauntingly. But, as is customary with the songs that prelude 007 films, the track soon builds into a multi-instrumental explosion of suspense. It's not as overtly produced as your average Eilish track, but it's decidedly stirring in its simplicity.
Eilish sings, "You were never on my side / Fool me once, fool me twice / Are you death or paradise? / Now you'll never see me cry / There's just no time to die." The dark theme of the song hints at the movie to come, which is sure to be full of surprises, given that it's supposedly Daniel Craig's last turn as the iconic secret agent.
The movie is scheduled to be released in April 2020.
- Billie Eilish Didn't Need All Those Grammys - Popdust ›
- Lana Del Rey, Billie Eilish, and the Sexist Backlash Against Female ... ›
- Billie Eilish's “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go ... ›
- Billie Eilish Releases Homophobic New Song - Popdust ›
- BILLIE EILISH IS OFFICIALLY CANCELED (On Twitter) - Popdust ›