Sure, the topics they sing about might be destructive and controversial—but typically, we let men get away with writing about the same themes without blinking an eye.
Who could forget the firestorm that erupted around Lana Del Rey in 2012? The number of think pieces and posts smashing her for her purported glamorization of depression and sadness rose to the thousands, maybe millions.
She wasn't a feminist. She ran around with gangsters and slept with old men in her music videos. She loved Walt Whitman and Allen Ginsberg. She wanted to die.
- Billie Eilish's “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go ... ›
- WATCH: Billie Eilish Declares Your Opinion of Her "Not My Responsibility" in Powerful New Short Film - Popdust ›
- Why Don't More Straight Males Listen to Female Artists? - Popdust ›
- Lana Del Rey and Billie Eilish | Celebrities in 2019 | Billie Eilish ... ›
- Lana Del Rey ›
- Pin by Rayan on •BILLIE EILISH• | Billie Eilish, Lana Del Rey, Lana ... ›
- Meet Billie Eilish, Pop's Terrifying 15-Year-Old Prodigy | W Magazine ›
- Lana Del Rey/Billie Eilish - Young And Beautiful/lovely (Mashup ... ›
- Billie Eilish Has No Time For Teen Pop - Stereogum ›
- Billie Eilish – when the party's over - YouTube ›
- Op-Eds Billie Eilish and the Rise of Moody Pop From Lana Del Rey ... ›
- Billie Eilish Is Lana Del Rey Meets Bon Iver On Roma-Inspired ... ›
There's a big problem with the trailer for Morbius, Sony's upcoming Marvel outing that is definitely not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe even though it has Michael Keaton reprising his role as Vulture (please let us keep our license, Disney!).
See if you can spot it.
MORBIUS - Teaser Trailer www.youtube.com
If you answered, "Sampling Beethoven's 'Für Elise' to line up with blue-tinted action shots is the absolute lowest effort, brain-dead attempt to signify 'gothic vampire movie' in the entire history of movie trailers," you're correct, but that's still not the biggest problem with Morbius. No, the biggest problem is that Morbius is played by Jared Leto.
The best thing about movies is that sometimes they feature cats.
Cats are great. They are furry purr-boxes that usually hate you. Whether they're the hero, the villain, or just kind of there, nothing beats watching a movie and seeing a cat on-screen. So we've compiled a list of the best REAL cats in movies. That means the movie needs to feature a REAL cat instead of an animated cat, because otherwise this would just be a list of cartoon cats. These cats are REAL, and they're works of art:
- 33 Drunken Thoughts I Had During "Cats," The Greatest Movie ... ›
- Why “Cats” Is the Cult Movie Classic of the Future - Popdust ›
- Why Do We Need a "Cats" Movie? - Popdust ›