Alternative-pop artist takes fans on an emotional rollarcoaster in new single.
After taking a year off from playing shows in an effort to find herself, NYC-based pop powerhouse Car Astor has returned stronger and better than ever with a series of alt-pop singles, including her latest release "Hush."
Astor, formerly known as SEE, is stepping outside of her comfort zone with "Hush," giving fans the perfect sneak peek into what she has planned for her second EP coming later this year.
The track begins with slow-building synths before introducing Astor's provocative vocals. As she sings about secret love and hiding from the truth, the guitar line takes center stage with an electrifying riff that thrusts us into a sonorous cloud of mesmerizing synths.
"The initial idea for 'Hush' came years ago and it definitely took a while until it fully grew into the track it is now," says Astor. "In my last single 'Don't Stop, Don't Speak,' the bass guitar plays a crucial role, and I love that it gets to be the star of the show in the chorus."
The singer goes on to explain that for the lyrics she pulled on the thrills and the sadness of love triangle situations that she has experienced. "I really tried to convey the mood shifts and the back and forth I felt during these situations with a dynamic and changing instrumental."
As the track comes to a close, Astor emotionally repeats the chorus, "All these secrets /Cause we gotta keep them hush," as the instrumentals build with intensity. The song then comes to a jarring and abrupt stop, as if to reveal that the secret has been found out.
With a desire to create vulnerable, honest, and relatable music, for both herself and her fans, Car Astor is opening up more than ever with her new music. "Hopefully, you can experience the same emotional rollercoaster I was feeling."
Get swept up in the secrets and check out Car Astor's latest single "Hush" below!
Alessandra Rincón is a journalist, writer, and photographer from Baton Rouge, Louisiana living in New York City. She loves covering music, art and culture news and you can usually find her at a show or with her nose in a book. In her spare time she is a musician, comic book nerd and wannabe cook.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Singer/songwriter Car Astor releases new single and plays Mercury ... ›
- SONG PICK : Car Astor – Don't Stop, Don't Speak – glamglare ›
- PREMIERE: Car Astor is taunted by dancing lights in "Girlfriend" video ›
- CAR ASTOR Releases Live One on One Sessions - Guitar Girl ... ›
- Substream Premieres New Car Astor Video — Music Alternatives ›
- Car Astor (fka SEE) Announces New Single "Girlfriend" - Blue Élan ›
- New Single From Car Astor (fka SEE) "Girlfriend" - Blue Élan ›
- Car Astor Releases New Single, "Don't Stop, Don't Speak ... ›
Protest music aside, there is a slew of good underground music out today
An invigorating slew of protest music hit the shelves today.
Detroit-based emcee Tee Grizzley collaborated with Queen Naija and the Detroit Youth Choir to craft a melodic ballad that attempts to open up a dialogue with police. Meanwhile, alt-Jazz pioneer Terrace Martin took a different approach in his collaboration with Denzel Curry, Daylyt, G Perico, and Kamasi Washington, with "Pigs Feet" being more of an angry f*ck you than an attempt at communication.
After a week of silence, Kanye's actions speak louder than words.
After remaining silent for several days, Kanye West has donated $2 million to organizations associated with Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd.
He'll also be supporting Black-owned businesses in Chicago and will cover legal expenses for the Arbery and Taylor families. Additionally, he's started a college fund for Floyd's daughter, Gianna.
- Kanye West Encourages The Black Eyed Peas To Rest In Peace ... ›
- Celebrate Easter with Kanye West, Mariah Carey, and Tyler Perry ... ›
- Watch Kanye West Yell At Disabled Fans To 'Stand Up' At Yeezus ... ›
- Kanye West took to Twitter to say he's staying out of politics - Popdust ›
- Kanye West Gives Rambling Monologue to Trump in Oval Office ... ›
- All you need to know about Kanye West - music to family - Popdust ›
- Kanye West's Dictionary Game Is a New Way to Start Arguments ... ›
- Is Kanye West Starting a Cult? Know the Signs - Popdust ›
- Kanye West is a billionaire. ›
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Take Hawaii—And Not A Paparazzi In ... ›