2020 Golden Globes Nominations: 5 Exciting Surprises and 5 Outrageous Snubs
Where is the love for "Little Women" and Adam Sandler?
Awards season is about to kick into high gear after the release of the 2020 Golden Globes nominations.
The Golden Globes are one of the more chaotic and entertaining award shows. Between the abundance of star power in the room and the amount of alcohol they consume, the Globes are a fun watch from start to finish. With that being said, the Globes and its voting body, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, are also an important feature of awards season. If actors, actresses, and their films are hoping for an Oscar nomination, a successful stint at the Globes will strengthen their campaign.
After the 2020 film nominations were announced, Twitter users, not surprisingly, had their opinions. There were some great surprises involving Parasite and Knives Out. There were also some disappointing snubs regarding Little Women and Uncut Gems. Here are five exciting surprises and five outrageous snubs.
Snub: Adam Sandler, Best Actor for Uncut Gems
For his performances in Jack and Jill and That's My Boy, Sandler deserves to be criticized. However, when it comes to his performance in Uncut Gems, Sandler deserves to be praised and showered with recognition.
- "Uncut Gems" Is a Beautiful Feel-Bad Movie - Popdust ›
- "The Invisible Man," "Parasite," and the New Haunted House - Popdust ›
- The Oscars Are Bad, Even When They're Good - Popdust ›
- The Oscars Needed Parasite Way More Than Parasite Needed the Oscars - Popdust ›
- "Parasite" Needs to Win Best Picture If the Oscars Want to Stay Relevant in 2020 - Popdust ›