Give the Songwriters & Producers behind the Grammy Nominations the Spotlight too!
Do you know what it takes to write a Grammy nominated banger?
Julia Michaels is now a household name...
but it wasn't always that way. Before her wildly successful Nervous System album with "Issues" (nominated for Best Song) and "Uh Huh" (another crowd favorite), Julia Michaels was on the song-writing hustle. Most notably, Michael co-wrote Justin Bieber's "Sorry." This is the case for a lot of artists while they work toward label representation and gain contacts in the industry. Every Grammy season, I like to take the time to learn more about the songwriters behind the Best Song nominees. Not only might they be the nominated artists of tomorrow, but I also find hearing the differences and similarities in their solo projects intriguing. So, let's hear it for the Grammy nominated songwriters! Here are the nominees.
Ramón Ayala | "Despacito"
While Ramón may not be well known in the mainstream scene, he's legendary in the norteño and conjunto genre of Mexican music, earning the nickname "King of The Accordion." His songs have won him a slew of Grammys and have also been featured in many movies.
POP⚡ DUST | Read More…
- Songwriting Advice from 10 Grammy-Nominated Songwriters | Take ... ›
- 2018 Grammy Nominations List: See All The Nominees – Variety ›
- Grammy-Nominated Songwriter Justin Tranter Is Truly a Pop ... ›
- Shane McAnally Reacts to 2018 Grammy Nominations | Billboard ›
- Grammys 2018: Complete list of nominees - LA Times ›
- Grammy Nominations 2016: See the Full List of Nominees | Billboard ›