Popdust caught up with the legendary trio right before they hit the road.
After the monumental success of B2K's "Millenium Tour" earlier this year, Marques Houston was approached by his cousin and B2K member, J Boog, with a big idea.
"At first it was a little back and forth cause we're kinda older now," said Immature's Marques Houston. "We didn't know if we wanted to do it, but [J Boog] is very convincing." J Boog proposed that Marques "Batman" Houston, Jerome "Romeo" Jones and Kelton "LDB" Kessee reunite and bring back Immature. With Ray J in tow, the group signed on for a mega reunion tour, with DAY 26, J Holiday, and B5 performing as openers. The trio will release a greatest hits album on November 1st.
"It felt really good to be back in the studio, and be back around the guys," said Houston. "It was all very natural." The guys will kick off the "TBTour" at Madison Square Garden's Hulu Theater this November. "We're just excited to get back on stage and make some memories with the fans," said Kessee. As for new music, four new songs were recorded for the greatest hits album, but the trio was mum on further details. "When we all got back together we decided we were gonna put all our focus on the tour," said Jones. "The four new songs are just where we're at musically right now." It's true that a lot has changed in the last 18 years. The trio has become involved in many business endeavors, Marques and Jerome even own a film company together, but they're determined to make Immature a priority once more. "Nothing can go on hold," Houston said. "When you're passionate you gotta be passionate about everything."
Buy tickets to the "TBTour" here.
- Immature: #TBTour - Up To 23% Off - Saint Louis, MO | Groupon ›
- Immature: #TBTour W ›
- #TBTour featuring Immature, Ray J, B5, J Holiday and Day 26 ... ›
- Immature: #TBTour w/ Ray J, Day26, J. Holiday & B5 - From $49 ... ›
- Immature Announces Dates for '#TBTour' - Rated R&B ›
- Tickets | Immature: #TBTour - Washington, DC at Ticketmaster ›
- #TBTour with Immature, Ray J, J Holiday, B5, and Day 26 | Fox ... ›
- Tickets | Immature: #TBTour - St. Louis, MO at Ticketmaster ›
- Immature #TBTour Tickets | Hulu Theater at MSG | 11/2/19 ›
Protest music aside, there is a slew of good underground music out today
An invigorating slew of protest music hit the shelves today.
Detroit-based emcee Tee Grizzley collaborated with Queen Naija and the Detroit Youth Choir to craft a melodic ballad that attempts to open up a dialogue with police. Meanwhile, alt-Jazz pioneer Terrace Martin took a different approach in his collaboration with Denzel Curry, Daylyt, G Perico, and Kamasi Washington, with "Pigs Feet" being more of an angry f*ck you than an attempt at communication.
After a week of silence, Kanye's actions speak louder than words.
After remaining silent for several days, Kanye West has donated $2 million to organizations associated with Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd.
He'll also be supporting Black-owned businesses in Chicago and will cover legal expenses for the Arbery and Taylor families. Additionally, he's started a college fund for Floyd's daughter, Gianna.
- Kanye West Encourages The Black Eyed Peas To Rest In Peace ... ›
- Celebrate Easter with Kanye West, Mariah Carey, and Tyler Perry ... ›
- Watch Kanye West Yell At Disabled Fans To 'Stand Up' At Yeezus ... ›
- Kanye West took to Twitter to say he's staying out of politics - Popdust ›
- Kanye West Gives Rambling Monologue to Trump in Oval Office ... ›
- All you need to know about Kanye West - music to family - Popdust ›
- Kanye West's Dictionary Game Is a New Way to Start Arguments ... ›
- Is Kanye West Starting a Cult? Know the Signs - Popdust ›
- Kanye West is a billionaire. ›
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Take Hawaii—And Not A Paparazzi In ... ›