Full Name: Kelly Brianne Clarkson
Date of Birth: April 24, 1982
Born: Fort Worth, TX
Occupation: Singer, songwriter, TV personality
Status: Married to Brandon Blackstock (2013)
She was the first American Idol winner and ever since, she has been soaring. Kelly Clarkson is continually climbing the charts, winning us over with her down-to-earth attitude, and sharing her talents with the world. She's humble and full of heart. Sweet but strong. And she'll always be an American idol. Here's more to know about the Texas girl who took television by storm and is now one of today's hottest celebs.
As the first American Idol winner in 2002, Clarkson will forever be remembered as a groundbreaker. Her moment to shine turned into "A Moment Like This," and ever since, Clarkson was a fan favorite. With a voice so passionate and powerful, America knew Clarkson was headed for stardom. She was signed to RCA, and ever since, she has been churning out hit after hit.
Pop-Rockin' It Out
Clarkson initially gave off that girl-next-door vibe, but as a new-to-the-scene celeb, she soon wanted to shake things up. She changed her look from "squeaky clean" to something a bit edgier, and her songs reflected her sense of independence and integrity. Songs like "Since U Been Gone" and "My Life Would Suck Without You" became anthems for her fans, proving Clarkson could do no wrong when it came to her music. Soon came the Grammy awards and further accolades.
The Voice...on The Voice
Now Clarkson is turning the tables…or the chairs in this case, as a team leader/coach/judge on The Voice. With her background as a TV winner-turned-superstar, the young up-and-comers are privileged to have Clarkson show them the way. She's honest and kind, constructive and creative. It must be a thrill for her to have come this far, where she's the one calling the shots.
Clarkson's related to country legend Reba McEntire! Her hubby is McEntire's step-son.
Cute or Chic, Clarkson's Looking Good
Clarkson is in the position to pose on red carpets or keep it casual. Take a peek at some of her finest fashion moments and other pics over the years.
Melissa A. Kay is a New York-based writer, editor, and content strategist. Follow her work on Popdust as well as sites including TopDust, Chase Bank, P&G, Understood.org, The Richest, GearBrain, The Journiest, Bella, TrueSelf, Better Homes & Gardens, AMC Daycare, and more.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Kelly Clarkson Biography and Life Story ›
- Kelly Clarkson - The Official Dot Com - Welcome ›
- Kelly Clarkson Biography: 'American Idol,' 'Breakaway,' 'Stronger ... ›
- Kelly Clarkson | Biography, Songs, American Idol, & Facts ... ›
- Kelly Clarkson - Bio, Facts, Family | Famous Birthdays ›
- Kelly Clarkson Biography - Facts, Childhood, Family Life ... ›
- Kelly Clarkson - Biography - IMDb ›
- Kelly Clarkson Biography - Biography ›
- Kelly Clarkson - Wikipedia ›
Here are our picks from Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Video to distract you from real-life dread.
When the real world is growing increasingly bleak, goofy comedies are often the best remedy.
There are plenty of movies to watch, but sometimes, hard-hitting dramas are a little too unsettling, which is why we've assembled a list of 18 of our favorite goofy comedies to distract you from the existential dread. Whether your streaming platform of choice is Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu, there's a side-splitting comedy for you.
- 60 Best Rom-Coms of All Time - Best Funny Romantic Movies ›
- Couch Comfort: 12 truly goofy comedies you can stream | Newsday ›
- The 30 Best Comedies on Amazon Prime Right Now (May 2020) ›
- 30 Best Comedy Movies to Stream Right Now | Glamour ›
- 26 Best Comedies on Netflix 2020 - Funniest Movies to Stream Now ›
- The 50 Best Comedies on Netflix Right Now (May 2020) ›
It's always a good time to go down memory lane.
What better way to spend your time than to go down memory lane?
Lots of great music is turning 10 this year, but music videos are a whole other category of nostalgia. Below, here are just a few of our favorite music videos from 2010 to make you miss the good old days of destroyed denim, the best of Kanye West before his "crazy motherf*cker" days, and Katy Perry wearing a whipped cream bra.
Florence and the Machine, “Dog Days Are Over”
- The 20 Best Music Videos Of The 2010s - Stereogum ›
- The Top Music Videos of 2010 | Pitchfork ›
- The 20 Best Music Videos of the 2010s (So Far) | Billboard ›
- The 50 Best Music Videos of the Decade So Far (2010-2014 ... ›
- 50 Best Music Videos Of 2010 | NME ›
- The 100 Greatest Music Videos of the 2010s: Staff Picks | Billboard ›