Plus New Music from Waifia, Ben Fisher, The Mommyheads and More
Suffering from a case of back to school blues? We've got a playlist to send you back to the dog days of summer.
RELEASE RADAR is here to give you the breakdown of your top singles, albums, and videos to check out as you head into your weekend. Get ready to jam out with some of our favorite up-and-coming artists, plus celebrate new stuff from those you already know and love.
Emergency Tiara | "Here I Come"
Don your own jewels and settle down with Tokyo-born Juri Jinnai, whose mix of sweet vocals speak to her classical training at Berklee College of Music. With jazz, African, and country influences, her latest single will send you back to back to the beach.
- The Mommyheads on Spotify ›
- The Mommyheads - Home | Facebook ›
- Mommyheads ›
- tom freund (@tomfreund) | Twitter ›
- Tom Freund Shares Title Track From New Album 'East of Lincoln ... ›
- Tom Freund - Collapsible Plans ( Sugar ) - YouTube ›
- Tom Freund - Wikipedia ›
- Tom Freund Music - Home | Facebook ›
- Tom Freund ›
Happy birthday to the world's biggest genre
On this day in 1973, Clive Campbell, the Jamaican-American "selector" known as DJ Kool Herc, hosted a "back to school jam" at 1520 Sedgewick Avenue in the Boogie Down Bronx of New York City.
Armed with a booming sound system and reggae beats, Herc– a shortened nickname for "Hercules"– commanded insatiable audiences across the South Bronx with his unique looping technique called the "Merry-Go Round." "[I knew that] they were waiting for this particular break," Herc later said, "and I got a couple of records that got the same break up in it. I wonder how it would be if I put them all together."
- On This Day: Bob Marley and The Wailers Made the Greatest ... ›
- On This Day: "Killing Me Softly" Broke Up The Fugees - Popdust ›
- On This Day: Aretha Franklin's "Respect" Is More Important Than Ever ›
- On This Day, “Madvillainy” Changed Hip-Hop Forever - Popdust ›
Raymond's popularity sheds light on a bizarre underside of the Animal Crossing fandom.
Raymond is a smug cat who highlights his heterochromatic eyes with hipster glasses.
He is essentially the same exact character as every other Animal Crossing villager with a "Smug" personality type, but again, and this is very important, Raymond is a cat with heterochromatic eyes and hipster glasses. As such, he has completely broken the Animal Crossing community.
- Terraforming Changes How We Experience Animal Crossing ... ›
- People Are Going on Dates in the "Animal Crossing: New Horizons ... ›
- The Worst Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked - Popdust ›