Twitter users rally around Ariana Grande's latest single "Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored" as the key to turning this country around.
Despite high profile celebrities like Rihanna boycotting the NFL over police brutality and teachers in Los Angeles and Denver arranging historic strikes for fair wages, today's most urgent civil disobedience issue is boycotting "7 Rings" by Ariana Grande.
Dedicated fans–nay, activists–on Twitter are helming a movement to boycott the song, which has held the position of Billboard's #1 hit for the past three weeks. Tragically, this means that Ariana's newest single, "Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored" is not the #1 track.
The movement's goal is simple: Ariana needs to have her third consecutive #1 single. "Thank U, Next" and "7 Rings" are already pillars in the "future of pop music." To deny Ariana the honor of a third top single is a travesty that 60.7 million of her Twitter followers cannot abide. On Wednesday, they spread their call to action: #BOYCOTT7RINGS. As expressed in the emotional pleas, joining this movement is the only way "BUWYGIB" can rise to its rightful place within the new world order.
One Ariana-activist reached out to the 25-year-old singer, asking her to join their ranks and boost their morale until their demands are met: "break up with your rehearsals, we're bored." The icon tried to alleviate their pain, replying, "Nothing's funnier than 'boycott seven rings'….. i can't lmao. Whatever's meant to be will be, babies."
Another asked her to tweet the protest in "solidarity." The singer acknowledged the boycotter's dedication and worried that their well-being was compromised by their hard work. She replied, "r u ok."
We spoke to Ariana Grande's biggest fan about the boycott's goals and what draws passionate activists to the cause. Dan Kahan said: "I only have so much energy. If I'm going to focus on one issue, it can't be something meaningless like our president running child internment camps at the border. It's gotta be something that really matters and affects everyone on a daily basis."
Dan added, "Whatever song hits number one is going to be played on the radio a ton, and while I don't really listen to the radio, I hear it in the background a lot when I'm out shopping. Considering 'Breakup With Your Boyfriend, I'm Bored' is easily the best track from Ariana's new album, '7 Rings' needs to move out of the way. Cuz I really don't want to have to listen to that whenever I'm, like, in the mall."
Considering Denver teachers were able to end their strike on Thursday by agreeing to $23 million in collective pay raises, the future is bright for passionate activists. As of Thursday, #BOYCOTT7RINGS was still gaining support by the hour. Popdust attempted to contact Dan Kahan for a follow-up interview, but he's reportedly gone missing after a violent conflict with a Selena Gomez fan outside the Staten Island Mall.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- 'Insulted' Ariana Grande Pulls Out of Grammys After '7 Rings ... ›
- Ariana Grande Supports Fans Boycotting Her Song '7 Rings' for This ... ›
- Ariana Grande fans are boycotting '7 rings' for the most hilarious ... ›
- Ariana Grande offers support for fans trying to boycott 7 Rings | Daily ... ›
- Ariana Grande Fans Are Boycotting '7 Rings' – Find Out Why ... ›
- Why Ariana Grande supports her fans' '7 Rings' boycott ›
- The Real Reason Ariana Grande Fans Are Boycotting 7 Rings | E ... ›
- Ariana Grande's Fans Boycott Her Track '7 Rings' to Allow Her Third ... ›
- Ariana Grande Fans Boycotting "7 Rings" - #BOYCOTT7RINGS ›
- Ariana Grande fans are boycotting '7 rings': Here's why ›
Canadian artist Lailien, aka Brad Shubat, releases "Fly With You," a track from his forthcoming LP, TA-DA!
- Lailien on Apple Music ›
- Lailien To Release Fun, New Single "Holiday" | PRUnderground ›
- “Hyperdimensional Sorcerer” Lailien's “Blue Love” is an enigmatic ... ›
- Lailien (@THEREALLAILIEN) | Twitter ›
- Lailien (@official_lailien) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Official Lailien - YouTube ›
- Lailien – ENSŌULAR (Full album) - YouTube ›
- Lailien on Spotify ›
The actor's leadership is inspiring.
In a viral clip posted to Twitter by NBC News reporter Gadi Schwartz, actress Keke Palmer is seen pleading with members of the National Guard to "join the revolution" during a Los Angeles protest that took place Tuesday in the wake of the police murder of George Floyd.
"You have a president that's talking about the second amendment as a use for people to use firearms against the people that are protesting," she says passionately. She continued, "You have to pay attention to what is going on. We have a president that's trying to incite a race war."