Drake makes history with the most U.S. Billboard Top 10 songs in a single year.
Drake's latest song is his 12th hit to grace the Top 10 this year.
"MIA," a Bad Bunny song featuring Drake, just hit the Top 10 chart at #5, giving Drake his
12th Top 10 spot on Billboard's Hot 100 chart in 2018.
This means that Drake has bested the Beatles in their 50-year-long run of having most Top 10 hits in a single year. The iconic band's held the record since 1964, with 11 singles topping the charts that year, including "Love Me Do" and "I Want To Hold Your Hand."
Bad Bunny feat. Drake - Mia ( Video Oficial ) youtu.be
12 hit songs in one year is impressive, yet Drake has a career total of 32 songs on the Top 10 chart, the most of any male solo artist. According to Billboard, "'MIA' marks Drake's 32nd top 10 overall, the most among solo males and the third-most overall, after Madonna's 38 and The Beatles' 34. He breaks out of a tie with Rihanna (31)."
So, which Drake songs made Billboard's Hot 100 Top 10 this year?
Billboard recaps Drake's finest year by listing each of the artist's hit songs with the position at which they topped the charts and the date.
- No. 1 (11 weeks), "God's Plan," Feb. 3
- No. 7, "Diplomatic Immunity," Feb. 3
- No. 5, "Look Alive" (BlocBoy JB feat. Drake), March 3
- No. 10, "Walk It Talk It" (Migos feat. Drake), April 14
- No. 1 (eight weeks), "Nice for What," April 21
- No. 6, "Yes Indeed" (Lil Baby & Drake), June 2
- No. 2, "Nonstop," July 14
- No. 7, "I'm Upset," July 14
- No. 8, "Emotionless," July 14
- No. 9, "Don't Matter to Me" (Drake feat. Michael Jackson), July 14
- No. 1 (10 weeks), "In My Feelings," July 21
- No. 5 (to date), "MIA," Bad Bunny feat. Drake, Oct. 27
The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand - Performed Live On The Ed Sullivan Show 2/9/64 youtu.be
If you're a Beatles fan, here's a rundown of their former record-holding Billboard Hot 100 lineup from 1964:
- No. 1 (seven weeks), "I Want to Hold Your Hand," Feb. 1
- No. 3, "Please Please Me," March 14
- No. 1 (two weeks), "She Loves You," March 21
- No. 1 (five weeks), "Can't Buy Me Love," April 4
- No. 2, "Twist and Shout," April 4
- No. 2, "Do You Want to Know a Secret," May 9
- No. 1 (one week), "Love Me Do," May 30
- No. 10, "P.S. I Love You," June 6
- No. 1 (two weeks), "A Hard Day's Night," Aug. 1
- No. 1 (three weeks), "I Feel Fine," Dec. 26
- No. 4, "She's a Woman," Dec. 26
Congrats to Drake! Stay tuned for more Top 10s from the man on top.
Melissa A. Kay is a New York-based writer, editor, and content strategist. Follow her work on Popdust as well as sites including TopDust, Chase Bank, P&G, Understood.org, The Richest, GearBrain, The Journiest, Bella, TrueSelf, Better Homes & Gardens, AMC Daycare, and more.
POP⚡DUST | Read More…
- Drake breaks Beatles record on Billboard Hot 100 chart ›
- Drake Passes The Beatles For Most Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 ... ›
- Drake Claims 7 of Hot 100's Top 10, Breaking the Beatles' Record, As ›
- Drake Surpasses The Beatles For Most Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 ... ›
- Drake Scores 12th Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 of 2018, Passing The ... ›
- Drake beats The Beatles for the most top 10 singles on Billboard Hot ... ›
Can you distinguish the truth from the lies? No Googling!
1. Woody Harrelson's dad was a contract killer.
ABC via Getty Images
- 10 Most Shocking Celebrity Facts You Didn't Know | The Quizzery ›
- #Shocking #Celebrity #Facts You Never Knew Before in 2020 | Fun ... ›
- 42 Baffling Facts About Strange Celebrity Behavior ›
- 19 Weird Celebrity Facts That Are 100% True ›
- 42 Little Known Facts About Famous People ›
- 42 Celebrity Facts You Won't Ever Forget ›
- 50 Crazy Celebrity Facts You Won't Believe Are True | Best Life ›
- Shocking Celebrity Facts You Never Knew: Quiz ›
- Top 100 Celebrity Facts | The Fact Site ›
- Weird Celebrity Facts Quiz - By Royals12Gordon ›
America's tendency to romanticize antebellum plantations is at odds with efforts to reckon with our dark past.
Warning: This article contains graphic depictions and descriptions of the horrors of chattel slavery in America.
Planning a wedding is among the most stressful things you can do.
Basically everyone you know will be there, judging your choices of clothing, hair, decor, food, music...napkin rings. Okay, so maybe most wedding guests aren't actually scathing critics looking for your every misstep, but for a day that's supposed to be one of the happiest in your life, there's a hell of a lot of pressure to get things right.
Now imagine that you found the perfect venue—charming and rustic, with beautiful views, and plenty of room for all your guests. Does it even matter what that venue is called? What difference does it make if that perfect spot is called Stinkpile Manor, or Festering Wound Estate, or Boone Hall Plantation…