Full Name: Gwyneth Kate Paltrow
Date of Birth: September 27, 1972
Born: Los Angeles, CA
Occupation: Actress, singer, writer, business woman, lifestyle expert
Status: Married to Brad Falchuk (2018)
She's an award-winning actress, the goddess of Goop, and a newlywed. From her on-screen success to her leap into lifestyle and luxury, Gwyneth Paltrow pushes her passion to its peak and gives her all to all she does. Once married to rocker Chris Martin for 13 years, their divorce in 2016 put Paltrow "on the market," and earlier this year she tied the knot again, blending families and building a future. Goop may not be everyone's go-to guide, but fans far and wide love a good Paltrow film. Here's more to know about the California native and what has kept her in the public eye for such a long time.
A Start in Showbiz
Paltrow comes from a Hollywood family. Her mom, Blythe Danner, is a long-time actress and her late dad, Bruce Paltrow, was a film director and producer. Perhaps her genes were already gifted with talent or she picked it up from her parents, but Paltrow set her sights towards the silver screen.
Paltrow illuminates the screen with her elegance and ease, good looks, and top-notch talent. She has been on the A-list for decades and for good reason…she's a hit-maker. Blockbusters and high-earning films often have Paltrow's name listed on the credits, making her a go-to gal for casting. From Great Expectations to Seven to Iron Man to The Avengers, Paltrow's performances always aim to please and she delivers.
The Scoop on Goop
Acting isn't all Paltrow is interested in. Her lifestyle website, Goop, offers advice, sells goods, serves up recipes, and then some. It has been criticized for being too high-brow and high-priced, but Paltrow stands by her philosophies and favorite things.
Along with her other endeavors, Paltrow makes for the perfect photo. She has modeled for Estée Lauder and Coach, and when she's on the red carpet, her beauty turns heads. Here are some photos of Paltrow looking Hollywood hot.
Melissa A. Kay is a New York-based writer, editor, and content strategist. Follow her work on Popdust as well as sites including TopDust, Chase Bank, P&G, Understood.org, The Richest, GearBrain, The Journiest, Bella, TrueSelf, Better Homes & Gardens, AMC Daycare, and more.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Gwyneth Paltrow Biography | Fandango ›
- Gwyneth Paltrow - Bio, Facts, Family | Famous Birthdays ›
- Gwyneth Paltrow - biography, photos, personal life, news ... ›
- Gwyneth Paltrow: Biography ›
- Gwyneth Paltrow Biography | Glamour UK ›
- Gwyneth Paltrow Biography, Kids, Age, Height, Net Worth, Husband ... ›
- Gwyneth Paltrow | Biography, Movies, Goop, & Facts | Britannica.com ›
- Gwyneth Paltrow - Film Actor/Film Actress, Actress, Film Actress ... ›
- Gwyneth Paltrow - Biography - IMDb ›
- Gwyneth Paltrow - Wikipedia ›
Here are our picks from Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Video to distract you from real-life dread.
When the real world is growing increasingly bleak, goofy comedies are often the best remedy.
There are plenty of movies to watch, but sometimes, hard-hitting dramas are a little too unsettling, which is why we've assembled a list of 18 of our favorite goofy comedies to distract you from the existential dread. Whether your streaming platform of choice is Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu, there's a side-splitting comedy for you.
- 60 Best Rom-Coms of All Time - Best Funny Romantic Movies ›
- Couch Comfort: 12 truly goofy comedies you can stream | Newsday ›
- The 30 Best Comedies on Amazon Prime Right Now (May 2020) ›
- 30 Best Comedy Movies to Stream Right Now | Glamour ›
- 26 Best Comedies on Netflix 2020 - Funniest Movies to Stream Now ›
- The 50 Best Comedies on Netflix Right Now (May 2020) ›
It's always a good time to go down memory lane.
What better way to spend your time than to go down memory lane?
Lots of great music is turning 10 this year, but music videos are a whole other category of nostalgia. Below, here are just a few of our favorite music videos from 2010 to make you miss the good old days of destroyed denim, the best of Kanye West before his "crazy motherf*cker" days, and Katy Perry wearing a whipped cream bra.
Florence and the Machine, “Dog Days Are Over”
- The 20 Best Music Videos Of The 2010s - Stereogum ›
- The Top Music Videos of 2010 | Pitchfork ›
- The 20 Best Music Videos of the 2010s (So Far) | Billboard ›
- The 50 Best Music Videos of the Decade So Far (2010-2014 ... ›
- 50 Best Music Videos Of 2010 | NME ›
- The 100 Greatest Music Videos of the 2010s: Staff Picks | Billboard ›