The Nashville native continues the mental health conversation with his debut single.
16-year-old pop singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Kevin Kolk fuels the conversation on mental health in his debut single "Deep End."
Inspired by a diverse range of artists from Post Malone and Khalid to Alec Benjamin and Ed Sheeran, Kolk's bold and unique sound expresses a maturity that is well beyond his years. It's clear that the single was made with passion and the utmost care. "I was involved with the writing, producing, and obviously the singing, and when everything came together it just all fell into place," shared Kolk. "Luckily, I had a great team around me...for the writing, which is probably my favorite part, that kinda came together when I came up with the hook and we wrote from there and based the sound off of the lyrics that we created."
"Deep End" begins with an entrancing sound collage of infectious and well-layered beats that set the scene for the rest of the track. Listeners are then soon drawn in by Kolk's smooth and clear vocals that serve as a guide through the track's relatable message. "'Deep End' is about dealing with anxiety and wondering if it gets better. It's about keeping hope in hard situations," says Kolk. The singer's vulnerable voice is attention-grabbing, especially on poignant lyrics like, "the voices in my head are getting louder than my friends/and it's getting harder and harder to play pretend/and I'm stuck in the deep end," and "you can't drown in a puddle."
"I wanted to take risks with my music," says Kolk. "I worked to create a style that is unique to me, both lyrically and musically." "Deep End" is a dance-inducing song perfect for the summer, but the deeper meaning is what makes Kolk someone special and worthy of keeping an eye on as he progresses with his career.
As for what Kolk is going to be doing in the future, the singer shared that there will be a music video for "Deep End" coming out soon and that he will be releasing his EP Hearts this fall, which will further dive into themes like anxiety, trust, and hope. "I think I really created a sound that is unique to me and each song is different, but each one speaks to me and I'm excited to share it with people very soon!"
Be sure to check out Kevin Kolk's debut single "Deep End" below.
If you cling to outdated ideas, you are choosing to be left behind.
A relative recently reached out to express concern that I was sharing ageist sentiments on the Internet.
She didn't have to specify which content had bothered her. I knew she was talking about my attacks on "boomers."
- Fox Media's "Okay Boomer" Trademark is Peak Boomer Energy ... ›
- A Guide For Talking to Boomers - Popdust ›
- OK, boomer. The kids are fighting back. - The Washington Post ›
- 'OK boomer' is dividing generations. What does it mean? ›
- OK, Boomer: This Is How To Respond To Gen Z's New Meme ›
- 'OK, Boomer' Vs. 'OK, Millennial': Workplace Nightmare, Or Just A ... ›
- "OK, boomer": 25-year-old lawmaker shuts down heckler during ... ›
- What does “OK boomer” mean? The meme, explained - Vox ›
- 'OK Boomer' Marks the End of Friendly Generational Relations - The ... ›
Please stop me.
Post Malone is the poet laureate of all beer-drunken hearts, and his astute observations on life, love, and intoxication deserve to be taken far too seriously.
As a freshly graduated English major who just moved to Brooklyn, I feel that it's my personal responsibility to share my philosophical musings with the world. Sadly, very few people read books anymore, so I've decided to apply my degree to something I love but that also may meet the masses on their terms: the exquisitely poetic lyrics of the one and only Post Malone.
- Post Malone Talks New Album, Courtney Love, and COVID-19 on Nirvana Livestream - Popdust ›
- Listen to Post Malone Cover Nirvana Songs Live This Friday - Popdust ›
- Post Malone Lyrics ›
- 20 Post Malone Song Lyrics & Music Videos From Today's Newly ... ›
- Post Malone lyrics, songs and albums | LyricsFreak ›
- Post Malone's 'Wow.' Lyrics | Billboard ›
- The five most peak Post Malone lyrics on 'Hollywood's Bleeding' ›
- Post Malone - Die For Me (Lyrics) ft. Future, Halsey - YouTube ›
- Post Malone Song Lyrics | MetroLyrics ›
- Post Malone - circles (Lyrics) - YouTube ›
- Post Malone Lyrics, Songs, and Albums | Genius ›
- Post Malone Lyrics ›