From Diana Ross to Beyoncé, here arethe songs you need to celebrate.
Galentine's Day might've started as a bit in the Parks and Recreation universe, but Leslie Knope's holiday for celebrating her favorite women has since become an occasion for many ladies in real life.
Intended for celebration on February 13, Galentine's Day is best spent sharing the love with your closest gal pals—we recommend a potluck complete with wine and copious amounts of dessert—before sharing the following day with your sweetheart. If you're single this season, Galentine's Day and the following weekend also mark the perfect occasion to hit the town with your fellow bachelorettes, soaking in each other's companionship instead of wallowing over a lack of romance.
No matter how you're spending Galentine's Day, you need a playlist. We've compiled plenty of empowering hits—from classics and modern pop stars alike—to get your day (or night) started on the right foot.
Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj, “Bang Bang”
"Bang Bang" was first written as a solo track for Ariana Grande. But she didn't like the original result, so producers tapped Jessie J and Nicki Minaj to each record a verse, revamping the song into a massive, girl-power banger (pun intended). The result is a dose of infectious female energy.
Follow the playlist on Spotify!
- Rookie » Friday Playlist: Happy Galentine's Day ›
- ONTD Original: Galentine's Day Playlist: ohnotheydidnt — LiveJournal ›
- 5 Tiny Desk Concerts For Galentine's Day : NPR ›
- Lin-Manuel Miranda's Galentine's Day Playlist is ! ›
- 14 Badass Female Anthems To Add To Your Galentine's Day Playlist ›
- The Ultimate Galentine's Day Playlist ›
- Happy Galentine's Day 2017 on Spotify ›
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Shares Galentine's Day Playlist | Billboard ›
- 40 Best Valentine's Day Songs - Best Girl Anthems for Galentine's Day ›