How many Funko Pops can you count in the new "Black Widow" trailer?
After way too many years of waiting, Black Widow is finally getting her own movie.
And in the same way that a Russian assassin with a distinctly non-Russian accent deals with her targets, Marvel quietly dropped the first Black Widow trailer in the middle of the night.
Marvel Studios' Black Widow - Official Teaser Trailer www.youtube.com
So, first things first––yes, even at a point when many of us are super burnt out on superhero movies, it really is great to see Black Widow finally getting her own feature.
At the same time, though, I've started to experience a weird phenomenon every time a new superhero movie trailer comes out. I watch the trailer and I think to myself, "Dang, there are so many Funko Pops here."
Allow me to explain.
For anyone who lives under a rock, Funko Pops are those big head, dead-eyed, ten-dollar figures that are sold literally everywhere. Every time a new superhero movie comes out, they release an absolutely endless stream of tie-in figures. Every tiny variant is a new Funko Pop. And if you know what to look for in a trailer, you can literally spot them. I'll show you.
We open on Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow staring at herself in the mirror. She's wearing a tank top. Black Tank Top Black Widow? That's gonna be a Funko Pop.
Flashback to young Black Widow training as an assassin. Young Black Widow? Yeah, that'll be a Funko Pop.
Another flashback. Black Widow in a Leather Coat. Funko Pop. Black Widow in her classic Black Suit. Not only will that be a Funko Pop, but I guaran-f*cking-tee there's going to be a hanging variant where she seems to be dangling on a rope with guns out. At least two Funko Pops.
Oh man, Black Widow is fighting her sister now? Nice! Black Widow's sister, Yelena, is definitely getting a Funko Pop. We're also probably going to see a Black Widow Fighting Her Sister Funko Pop Movie Moment (yes, that is an actual thing).
Cut to Black Widow and her Sister on a motorcycle. Oh yeah, I'm thinking that'll be a Funko Pop Ride (yes, that is also an actual thing).
Quick shot of Black Widow posing in a slightly different leather outfit. Need a Funko Pop of that for sure.
OOOOOOOOH. WHITE OUTFIT BLACK WIDOW. WHITE OUTFIT. Funko Pop. This one is going to have a few variants, too. I'd put money on Glow-In-The-Dark White Outfit Black Widow Target Exclusive.
Taskmaster enters (Daaaaang son). He's going to have a Funko Pops for sure. Probably two––one standard, one with his bow and arrow out.
There's Rachel Weisz playing another former Black Widow in her battle suit. Funko Pop.
Hey, there's David Harbour as Alexei Shostakov. He's Red Guardian! We get a whole lot of shots of him, and that's actually going to be four distinct Funko Pops––Alexei Shostakov Casual Prison Uniform, Alexei Shostakov Shirtless, Red Guardian, and Red Guardian Maskless where they reuse the same head from Alexei Shostakov Shirtless.
Family dinner. Black Widow's sister has a battle suit, too. Funko Pop that sh*t.
Close on a helicopter jump scene. Black Widow is being shot at by some generic soldier. Not sure what organization he's from, but it doesn't matter. He's getting a Funko Pop.
So from that two-minute trailer, I think we can safely count on there being at least 19 Funko Pops. Revisit this article around the movie's release. See if I'm right.
I promise I am.
- The new Justice League trailer and how the Avengers feel - Popdust ›
- The Much Talked-About Trailer for Captain Marvel Released - Popdust ›
- Now in Theaters: 5 New Movies for the Weekend of June 14 - Popdust ›
- Now in Theaters: 5 New Movies for the Weekend of April 26 but ... ›
- "Avengers: Endgame" Trailer Says Impressively Little for Being So ... ›
- Watch Scarlett Johansson Return in 'Black Widow' Teaser Trailer ... ›
- Black Widow: first trailer for the Scarlett Johansson superhero movie ... ›
- Black Widow trailer throws Scarlett Johansson back into MCU action ... ›
- 'Black Widow': First trailer shows Scarlett Johansson finally starring ›
- The first 'Black Widow' trailer is out and it's an action-packed family ... ›
- BLACK WIDOW Trailer (2020) - YouTube ›
- First Black Widow trailer finally puts Scarlett Johansson's Marvel ... ›
- Black Widow: Official Teaser Trailer (2020) Trailer HD - YouTube ›
- The Black Widow trailer is full of back-to-back brutal fights - The Verge ›
- Black Widow Teaser Trailer 1 (2020) | Movieclips Trailers - YouTube ›
Protest music aside, there is a slew of good underground music out today
An invigorating slew of protest music hit the shelves today.
Detroit-based emcee Tee Grizzley collaborated with Queen Naija and the Detroit Youth Choir to craft a melodic ballad that attempts to open up a dialogue with police. Meanwhile, alt-Jazz pioneer Terrace Martin took a different approach in his collaboration with Denzel Curry, Daylyt, G Perico, and Kamasi Washington, with "Pigs Feet" being more of an angry f*ck you than an attempt at communication.
After a week of silence, Kanye's actions speak louder than words.
After remaining silent for several days, Kanye West has donated $2 million to organizations associated with Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd.
He'll also be supporting Black-owned businesses in Chicago and will cover legal expenses for the Arbery and Taylor families. Additionally, he's started a college fund for Floyd's daughter, Gianna.
- Kanye West Encourages The Black Eyed Peas To Rest In Peace ... ›
- Celebrate Easter with Kanye West, Mariah Carey, and Tyler Perry ... ›
- Watch Kanye West Yell At Disabled Fans To 'Stand Up' At Yeezus ... ›
- Kanye West took to Twitter to say he's staying out of politics - Popdust ›
- Kanye West Gives Rambling Monologue to Trump in Oval Office ... ›
- All you need to know about Kanye West - music to family - Popdust ›
- Kanye West's Dictionary Game Is a New Way to Start Arguments ... ›
- Is Kanye West Starting a Cult? Know the Signs - Popdust ›
- Kanye West is a billionaire. ›
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Take Hawaii—And Not A Paparazzi In ... ›