Ava Cherry, David Bowie’s Former Muse, Covers “Let’s Dance”
The two were lovers, friends, and creative partners.
Nu-soul/nu-pop artist Ava Cherry releases her innovative cover of David Bowie's "Let's Dance," via Wake Up! Music.
It's more than appropriate for Cherry to make changes to the song, since she, along with Luther Vandross and Robin Clark, provided backing vocals for Bowie from 1974 to 1978. In addition, as Bowie's lover and muse, Cherry had unique insight into the artist's imagination.
Let's Dance - Radio Edit
"Let's Dance" will be followed by Cherry's original nu-soul tune, "Testify for Love." Both songs will appear on her forthcoming album, slated to drop spring of 2020.
Riding a pulsating rhythm and topped by shimmering nu-wave colors, Cherry's voice smolders with dance energy. "Let's sway / While color lights up your face / Let's sway / Sway through the crowd to an empty space."
- David Bowie & Ava Cherry, NYC - 1974 | Bob Gruen ›
- Ava Cherry claims she slept with David Bowie and Mick Jagger ... ›
- Ava Cherry | Biography & History | AllMusic ›
- Ava Cherry (@avacherry) | Twitter ›
- Ava Cherry | Biography, Albums, Streaming Links | AllMusic ›
- David Bowie's Former Girlfriend, Ava Cherry - YouTube ›
- Ava Cherry | Discography | Discogs ›
- Ava Cherry discusses her relationship with David Bowie and her ... ›
- David Bowie's ex-girlfriend discusses their love affair, interracial ... ›
- Ava Cherry, Former David Bowie Back-Up Singer & Girlfriend ... ›