Pitt's cold open was a sincere tribute to Dr. Fauci's role on the coronavirus task force, mixed with a healthy dose of shade
The second episode of Saturday Night Live at Home aired this weekend, with cast members once again putting on performances in their own homes.
There were a number of highlights, including Kate McKinnon reprising her role as the crazy cat lady of Whiskers R We (not to be confused with her upcoming role as Carole Baskin), and Kyle Mooney staging a surrealist nightmare-party populated by ten different versions of himself. But probably the most notable segment was Brad Pitt's cold open as Dr. Anthony Fauci of the White House Coronavirus Task Force.
- Brad Pitt Answers Dr. Fauci's Call to Play Him on SNL ›
- "SNL": Brad Pitt's Anthony Fauci tackles coronavirus misinformation ... ›
- Watch: SNL Features Brad Pitt as Dr. Fauci Roasting Trump ›
- Brad Pitt Stars As Anthony Fauci in SNL Cold Open ›
- As Dr. Fauci, Brad Pitt diagnoses Trump on 'Saturday Night Live' ›
- Brad Pitt as Dr. Anthony Fauci Absolutely Destroys Trump on SNL ›
- 'SNL At Home' returns with Brad Pitt as Dr. Anthony Fauci - CNN ›
- Brad Pitt channels Dr. Anthony Fauci for 'SNL' cold open ›
- Dr. Anthony Fauci Jokes Brad Pitt Should Play Him on 'SNL ... ›
- Brad Pitt channels Dr. Fauci on 'SNL' - CNN Video ›
The Randonautica app led me to a mysterious empty road. Researching it led me to conspiracy theories, quantum physics, simulation theory, manifestation techniques, and chaos magic.
The trip began with a wrong turn.
I drove confidently down the street until I realized I was going in the wrong direction, and veered down a dead-end to turn around.
Immediately, I wondered if this was symbolic, a sign from the universe that I should turn back. On a randonauting trip—at least if you adopt the open-minded and deeply superstitious mindset of many of the app's roughly 10 million and counting users—everything takes on a weird and ominous meaning, adopting a number of possibly divine implications.
The app led me down the street, out of my immediate neighborhood and up some of the windiest streets in my town in upstate New York. Treacherous even on the sunniest day of summer, the serpentine road set me on edge. Suddenly, a car veered towards me out of nowhere, forcing me to swerve.
When I arrived at the destination, all I saw was forest on both sides, two parallel ravines on the edge of the paved road. I opened up the Randonautica app as if it would give me some kind of wisdom about what I was supposed to find.
Can you distinguish the truth from the lies? No Googling!
1. Woody Harrelson's dad was a contract killer.
ABC via Getty Images
- 10 Most Shocking Celebrity Facts You Didn't Know | The Quizzery ›
- #Shocking #Celebrity #Facts You Never Knew Before in 2020 | Fun ... ›
- 42 Baffling Facts About Strange Celebrity Behavior ›
- 19 Weird Celebrity Facts That Are 100% True ›
- 42 Little Known Facts About Famous People ›
- 42 Celebrity Facts You Won't Ever Forget ›
- 50 Crazy Celebrity Facts You Won't Believe Are True | Best Life ›
- Shocking Celebrity Facts You Never Knew: Quiz ›
- Top 100 Celebrity Facts | The Fact Site ›
- Weird Celebrity Facts Quiz - By Royals12Gordon ›