Engaged in July, the Couple Got Hitched at the Courthouse
Popdust recently shared the news that 'pop prince' Justin Bieber, 24, asked model-of-the-moment, 21-year-old Hailey Baldwin to be his bride. Well, these two didn't waste any time, as Us Weekly can confirm that they got married at a NYC courthouse on Thursday, July 13. Lucky #13 will be the young lovers' special day, as they spend the rest of their lives as husband and wife. Well, at least the bride is old enough to sip a glass of champagne to celebrate!
The two were on-again/off-again for a while, but they landed on the "on-again" as the last petal of the "she loves me, she loves me not" flower hit the ground. And now one of the celeb world's youngest "power couples" have made it official as they signed the doc to go with Baldwin's rock.
Surely, the courthouse won't be the final place "The Biebs" and Baldwin will celebrate their marriage. Celebs of their caliber know how to throw a pricey party, and with the slew of famous family members and fabulous friends the duo has, their wedding shindig is sure to be quite the show. Picture the beautiful Baldwin in a sexy-sweet designer gown and the groom looking gorgeous in something more stylish than a sweatshirt and shorts. Paparazzi will hound the venue like predators and gossip rags and sites will strive to be the first to snag pics of their first dance.
As per Us Weekly, "Bieber's mom, Pattie Mallette, seemingly hinted at their nuptials in a tweet on Friday, September 14. 'Love is unconditional,' she wrote." That it is, but let's hope the sort of "love" this young couple shares lasts longer than the average celeb marriage.
We all know that Bieber was with singer/actress Selena Gomez for a long time. Many fans thought they'd reconcile, but Biebs set his sites on Baldwin. "Justin is really in love with Hailey. He loves that she is super chill and down to do anything. Hailey has calmed Justin down a lot, and she has changed him as a man," an insider told Us Weekly. She certainly changed him alright…from "player" to "partner!"
Let's wish this ridiculously good-looking couple lots of love, luck, and longevity for a marriage that stands the test of time (and that of being in a celebrity marriage). The courthouse may not be chic, but this couple knows how to turn the everyday into something extraordinary!
Congrats Justin and Hailey!
Melissa A. Kay is a New York-based writer, editor, and content strategist. Follow her work on Popdust as well as sites including TopDust, Chase Bank, P&G, Understood.org, The Richest, GearBrain, The Journiest, Bella, TrueSelf, Better Homes & Gardens, AMC Daycare, and more.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Are Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin already married? ›
- Did Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin Secretly Get Married? - Hailey ... ›
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin Hit Up the Marriage Bureau ›
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin Marriage License – Did Bieber ... ›
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin Go to Marriage License Courthouse ›
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin Spotted at Marriage License ... ›
- Justin Bieber And Hailey Baldwin At Marriage License Courthouse ... ›
You'll never guess #1 (*wink wink*)
The 4th of July means you'll probably get plenty of time to watch movies about aliens.
Why aliens? Because it's Independence Day, silly: the day our forefathers signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776, freeing the thirteen American colonies from British rule. As a nation of immigrants, one could argue that we're all aliens on this special day. So without further ado, here are the top five Alien movies to watch on Independence Day (*wink wink*).
- Why Bad Movies Are Better Than Good Ones - Popdust ›
- What Happened to Disaster Movies? Oh, We're Living in One ... ›
- The latest installment of the Alien franchise disappoints. - Popdust ›
- World UFO Day: The 10 best alien films, from ET: The Extra ... ›
- Scariest alien movies. - IMDb ›
- The Top 30 alien invasion movies, ranked | SYFY WIRE ›
- 10 great films about aliens visiting Earth | BFI ›
- Alien Movies Ranked From Worst To Best | IndieWire ›
- Best ALIEN INVASION Movie Trailers - YouTube ›
- The 11 Best Alien Movies on Netflix to Watch Tonight [July 2019] ›
- Alien Movies Ranked from Worst to Best | Collider ›
- Best Alien Movies | List of Top Films About Aliens ›
- The greatest alien encounter movies, ranked ›
New Zealand's greatest writer-director-actor has some big new projects coming up, but it's worth looking back at his previous work
A lot of filmmakers keep themselves apart from their work.
You can watch all of their films, learn to recognize their style and vision, and still be left with the mystery of who their creator is. That's not the case with New Zealand filmmaker Taika Waititi.