A Public Proposal in the Bahamas
Sorry, teenyboppers, take your collective crush on Justin Bieber and divert it to another pop prince.
The Biebs is off the market after proposing to model Hailey Baldwin while they were vacationing in the Bahamas over the weekend. Saturday July 7th will be a day to remember, not only for the young lovers (he's 24, she is only 21), but for the fans who can't believe the (sometimes) bad boy is going to settle down. Not that being with Baldwin even comes close to "settling."
According to TMZ, "Two eyewitnesses who claim to have seen the proposal go down tell us it happened at a resort in the Bahamas. They say everyone was at a restaurant on the property doing salsa dancing when Justin's security told everyone to put their phones away, because something special was about to happen."
And special it was. She said yes and he is over-the-moon. As a source told People, "It's kind of a surprise, but kind of not. Justin has been extremely happy these past few weeks. He has known Hailey for a long time. This might seem sudden, but they know each other very well."
- Chance the Rapper proposed to his longtime girlfriend on 7-4 ›
- Cardi B and Offset tied the knot last September ›
Happy birthday to the world's biggest genre
On this day in 1973, Clive Campbell, the Jamaican-American "selector" known as DJ Kool Herc, hosted a "back to school jam" at 1520 Sedgewick Avenue in the Boogie Down Bronx of New York City.
Armed with a booming sound system and reggae beats, Herc– a shortened nickname for "Hercules"– commanded insatiable audiences across the South Bronx with his unique looping technique called the "Merry-Go Round." "[I knew that] they were waiting for this particular break," Herc later said, "and I got a couple of records that got the same break up in it. I wonder how it would be if I put them all together."
- On This Day: Bob Marley and The Wailers Made the Greatest ... ›
- On This Day: "Killing Me Softly" Broke Up The Fugees - Popdust ›
- On This Day: Aretha Franklin's "Respect" Is More Important Than Ever ›
- On This Day, “Madvillainy” Changed Hip-Hop Forever - Popdust ›
Raymond's popularity sheds light on a bizarre underside of the Animal Crossing fandom.
Raymond is a smug cat who highlights his heterochromatic eyes with hipster glasses.
He is essentially the same exact character as every other Animal Crossing villager with a "Smug" personality type, but again, and this is very important, Raymond is a cat with heterochromatic eyes and hipster glasses. As such, he has completely broken the Animal Crossing community.
- Terraforming Changes How We Experience Animal Crossing ... ›
- People Are Going on Dates in the "Animal Crossing: New Horizons ... ›
- The Worst Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked - Popdust ›