Eclectic avant-garde pop artist serpentwithfeet announced his return today with a new track featuring Ty Dolla $ign.
"Receipts" is a soft-spoken, minimalistic love song, layered with the tightly wound acapella harmonies 30-year-old Josiah Wise has honed since the beginning of his career. "This song carries a lot of weight for me because it's a snapshot of two brothers rhapsodizing about unforeseen romance," the singer said of the track.
The track itself flows in a similar cadence as the singer's previous work. The melody is soothing and inviting, with Wise's voluminous voice pushing the song along, each verse cascading into the next. Ty Dolla $ign is a perfect fit for the slow-burn track and holds his own without overpowering the song's main attraction. "I began writing 'Receipts' when I first moved to Los Angeles last summer," The Brooklyn-based singer said in a statement. "I was and still am mystified by the city—the mountains, the men, the hummingbirds." While it's unclear if "Receipts" will appear on a larger body of work, it's nice to hear the unassuming talents of Josiah Wise back in action.
- Serpentwithfeet releases debut album 'soil' ›
- serpentwithfeet signs to Secretly Canadian, releases new duet with ... ›
- Listen to serpentwithfeet's new song “seedless” | The FADER ›
- serpentwithfeet Announces Debut Album soil, Shares New Song ... ›
- serpentwithfeet ›
- serpentwithfeet Announces Debut Album soil, Releases “bless ur ... ›
- serpentwithfeet New Single 'cherubim' Video Premiere ›
Cats in tuxedos are here to lend you their strength.
2020 is on fire.
From the COVID-19 pandemic to the racist police epidemic to freaking murder hornets, let's just throw 2020 out. Yes, the entire year.
- Heaviside Layer ›
- Why Tom Hooper Is the Quintessential Director of the 2010's - Popdust ›
- Why “Cats” Is the Cult Movie Classic of the Future - Popdust ›
- Adoptable Animal: Tuxedo Cat Diana Is Dressed for the Ball | PETA ›
- 2020 Tuxedo Cat Ball Postponed - SAFE Haven for Cats ›
- What Exactly Is A Tuxedo Cat? Everything You Need To Know ›
- George Floyd protest arrests live updates from Minneapolis, Atlanta ... ›
- Protests Today Live: News Updates and Video - The New York Times ›
- A Tribute to Tuxedo Cats ›
- Fun Facts about Tuxedo Cats | CANIDAE® ›
- 8 Fun Facts About Tuxedo Cats ›
- THE Hachiware CAT wearing Tuxedo & socks – LINE stickers | LINE ... ›
- How do I get my cat to wear a tuxedo for several hours? - Pets Stack ... ›
In the wake of one of the most dramatic scenes of protest in American history, disinformation is blending with genuine fear
Over the weekend, amid nationwide protests of police brutality sparked by the killing of George Floyd, demonstrators in D.C. clashed with secret service and police outside the White House.
It was a dramatic scene that involved fires being set in the basement of historic St. John church—among widespread arson—and the exterior White House lights being turned off as President Donald Trump was moved into lockdown in the the White House Bunker. But by Monday morning the real events had been swallowed up in the heightened narrative of the supposed D.C. blackout, which claimed that all communication from the area of the protests had been shut down since around 1:00 AM.