AOC knows how to meet the people where they are
AOC, champion of the people and my personal president, is now visiting people's islands on Animal Crossing.
That's during her spare time when she's not fighting tooth and nail for her constituents, either by literally delivering food to people in the rain or by being the one sole naysayer to a bill that would pour funds into the hands of businesses while failing to cancel rent that many people simply cannot pay.
- Nintendo Switch Games to Play in Quarantine While You Wait for the ... ›
- "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" Has All the QoL Improvements ... ›
- Leif and Redd Bring High Culture to Animal Crossing: New Horizons ... ›
- Did Nintendo Create COVID-19 to Make "Animal Crossing: New ... ›
- Is It Possible to Defeat Tom Nook in Animal Crossing? - Popdust ›
- The 7 Fastest Ways to Earn Bells on "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" ›
- People Are Going on Dates in the "Animal Crossing: New Horizons ... ›
- Terraforming Changes How We Experience Animal Crossing ... ›
- The Worst Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked - Popdust ›
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Is a Blueprint for Functional Socialism ›
The classic He-Man meme video stands the test of time as an iconic example of queer-coded art.
In December of 2005, Brokeback Mountain shifted queer-coded cinema into the mainstream.
Prior to 2005, "New Queer Cinema"––a term coined by film scholar B. Ruby Rich in Sight & Sound to define the queer-themed independent film movement, which focused on rejecting heteronormativity and concentrated on LGBTQ protagonists––existed on the fringe of the film world. It's worth noting that while the movement primarily refers to the boom in independent LGBTQ films from 1992 onwards, queer cinema existed for many years prior, albeit without a proper name. But regardless of nomenclature, New Queer Cinema was typically designated for niche audiences, relegated to arthouse showings at best.
There's a big problem with the trailer for Morbius, Sony's upcoming Marvel outing that is definitely not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe even though it has Michael Keaton reprising his role as Vulture (please let us keep our license, Disney!).
See if you can spot it.
MORBIUS - Teaser Trailer www.youtube.com
If you answered, "Sampling Beethoven's 'Für Elise' to line up with blue-tinted action shots is the absolute lowest effort, brain-dead attempt to signify 'gothic vampire movie' in the entire history of movie trailers," you're correct, but that's still not the biggest problem with Morbius. No, the biggest problem is that Morbius is played by Jared Leto.