"I respect you!" yelled Cardi B in one of ten Instagram videos addressed to Minaj.
What started on social media appears to have ended on social media: Nicki Minaj and Cardi B appear to have put their feud to rest. Minaj turned the corner from "No Flag" to offer her own white flag in a Twitter post on Monday:
Ok you guys, let’s focus on positive things only from here on out. We’re all so blessed. I know this stuff is enter… https://t.co/ykrZFxH12w— QUEEN (@QUEEN)1540866536.0
"Let's focus on positive things only from here on out," Minaj said in the tweet, which Cardi B then posted on her own Instagram with the caption, "Alright then! Let's keep it positive and keep it pushing!"
But the road to peace was paved with thrown shoes and multiple accusations, and the truce came only after both rappers offered new takes earlier in the day.
"I respect you!" yelled Cardi B in one of ten Instagram videos addressed to Minaj. The videos were in response to Minaj, who stoked the flames of their longstanding feud on her Beats 1 show, "Queen Radio," that morning. During the show, Minaj alleged that it was Rah Ali, not security, who punched Cardi during their now-infamous fracas at the Harper's Bazaar Icons party during fashion week last month.
It's hard to say if this latest development is an actual reconciliation or more of a moratorium on their year-long battle, as both have denied the bad blood between them for almost as long—and surely a battleground established by one party liking a negative comment about the other remains rife with trip wires and grenades.
Rebecca Linde is a writer and cultural critic in NYC. She tweets about pop culture and television @rklinde.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Cardi B's sister Hennessy insults Nicki Minaj on Instagram - Capital ›
- Cardi B Airs Out Nicki Minaj & Refutes Payola Claims In Instagram ... ›
- Nicki Minaj and Cardi B 'call truce' after day of fighting on Instagram ... ›
- Cardi B Just Issued a 10-Part Dressing Down of Nicki Minaj ›
- Cardi B Responds to Nicki Minaj's 'Queen Radio' Comments ›
- Cardi B Calls Nicki Minaj a Liar in Scathing Instagram Rant | E! News ›
- Nicki Minaj vs. Cardi B: When Will We Stop Making Nicki Minaj the ... ›