The former One Direction member is the musical chameleon we don't deserve.
With his two solo albums, Harry Styles has proven that he was always One Direction's strongest link.
The boy band's final performance in 2015 opened the doors for Styles to come into his own. Turns out, his solo artistic persona is pretty chameleonic. He channels classic rock as easily as he does pop and R&B. He can deliver soaring ballads with the same energy he devotes to high-energy barnburners. All of this is to say: Styles is a singular talent with a versatile voice and an undeniable charisma that multiplies his appeal.
Though his original work is typically great, Styles has also performed numerous impressive renditions of other artists' hits. From '70s folk to modern hits, we've rounded up the ex-1D member's best covers.
One Direction’s “What Makes You Beautiful”
No, Styles had no part in writing One Direction's first major hit. He's since moved on to bigger and better things, and he'd probably rather forget it! But the truth is that "What Makes You Beautiful" ignited the flame that resulted in Styles being one of the world's most beloved singers. It's become a common addition to his setlists, although he often puts his own guitar-heavy spin on it; either way, the crowd can't get enough. That, my friends, is beautiful.
- 50 Shades of One Direction: The Steamiest Bits of 1D Fan Fiction on ... ›
- 13 Musicians Influenced By Psychedelics - Popdust ›
- Harry Styles and Songs That Are 100% Sexual Innuendos - Popdust ›
- 5 Years of "TRAPSOUL": Has Bryson Tiller's Debut Aged Well? - Popdust ›
- The Eternal Sunshine of Harry Styles - Rolling Stone ›
- One Direction's Best Covers: Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles and More ... ›
- Harry Styles's Best Covers | POPSUGAR Entertainment UK ›
- Harry Styles Covered Songs and Artists | setlist.fm ›
- Vote for Harry Styles' Best Cover Song! | E! News ›
- Harry Styles's Best Covers | POPSUGAR Entertainment ›