Jameela Jamil has received unnecessary bullying for being open about her struggles on social media, so now she wants everyone to know the truth.
Finally, we know the truth.
The famed artist Banksy, who has remained anonymous for decades, is actually the actress Jameela Jamil.
For anyone who's confused: This is a joke Jamil made because she has been the subject of a great deal of conspiracy theories and online vitriol lately. She was accused of having Munchausen's, which is an illness that causes people to believe they're sick with disorders that they don't have. But Jamil clarified that she actually suffers from Ehlers Danlos syndrome, a disorder that affects connective tissues in the body.
Now that I have made it to crazy rumor level fame. Let’s start more: I’m not actually south Asian. It’s all Bobbi B… https://t.co/DLwi1zZHlw— Jameela Jamil 🌈 (@Jameela Jamil 🌈) 1581552718.0
"Being gaslit over your health for entertainment is a very specific pain and trauma that a lot of people with Ehlers Danlos/invisible disability have to face every day from people who don't understand our vastly under-researched condition. And to what end? Who wins?" she wrote. "If I was an oil tycoon destroying the planet, or a serial sex offender I would maybe understand this vitriol and effort to target and harass me. But I'm just a mental health/eating disorder advocate actually taking the time to change public policy and legislation to protect kids."
@TracieMorrissey Cervical cancer, 2016 and 2019. Both during the good place.— Jameela Jamil 🌈 (@Jameela Jamil 🌈) 1581551940.0
The Good Place star has become noteworthy on the Internet for her dedication to anti-diet-culture activism. She's also spoken about mental illness and her chronic health issues, but every time she speaks out, Internet users seem to take pleasure in attacking her.
Her boyfriend James Blake came to her defense today, speaking out about how he has personally witnessed his girlfriend's illnesses, which some Twitter users were questioning.
I would have spoken on this earlier but Jameela asked me not to. Please read x https://t.co/edpC3BRwd8— James Blake (@James Blake) 1581700483.0
- TV - Popdust ›
- The Hollywood Appeal of NXIVM's "Sex Cult" - Popdust ›
- Demi Lovato Prefers Body Acceptance to Body Positivity - Popdust ›
- Body Positivity: Seven Celebrities Who Think You're Hot Just the ... ›
- Popdust ›
- Jameela Jamil Eviscerates Piers Morgan's Sexist Comments and ... ›
- Jameela Jamil Speaks Out On Abortion Bans: #YouKnowMe - Popdust ›
- Instagram Bans Dieting Products (Thanks, Jameela Jamil) - Popdust ›
- Jameela Jamil Comes Out as Queer - Popdust ›
- Jameela Jamil Takes Down the Kardashians' Toxic Diet Culture ... ›
- Jameela Jamil Had Never Acted Before 'The Good Place' | GQ ›
- Jameela Jamil Reveals All the Snacks Hidden in Her Dress - YouTube ›
- Milla Jovovich, Jameela Jamil share abortion stories to decry ... ›
- Ted Danson Almost Killed Jameela Jamil - YouTube ›
- Jameela Jamil: 'I won't become a double agent for the patriarchy ... ›
- Jameela Jamil - IMDb ›
- Jameela Jamil (@jameelajamil) | Twitter ›
- Jameela Jamil - Wikipedia ›
- Jameela Jamil (@jameelajamilofficial) • Instagram photos and videos ›