The soulful folk singer stops by the Popdust offices.
Of the names this Icelandic crooner uses, Júníus Meyvant is actually the least difficult to pronounce.
Born Unnar Gísli Sigurmundsson, the singer-songwriter has been described as a "freaky folk" artist, known for his storytelling ability, velvety voice, and the unique compositions of his songs. It's no surprise that Meyvant's sound is unusual, considering he learned to play music in unconventional circumstances: on an almost completely isolated island adjacent to the Westman Islands. There, he fell in love with 90s hip-hop, which led him to 60s/70s funk, jazz and soul music.
In 2014, Meyvant debuted his hit single, "Color Decay," earning him the Icelandic Music Award for the Best Single and Newcomer of the Year. From there, he continued to release new music including his 2016 album, Floating Harmonies, that has gained millions of plays. Most recently, he's released his sophomore album Across the Borders, a stunning, mellow album about crossing emotional, mental, and physical borders.
In this episode of Popdust Presents, Brent wears an unsettling wig, Fred the dog takes control of the interview, and Júníus Meyvant looks deliciously like an Icelandic pirate while he expresses his distaste for social media.
Júníus Meyvant Just Wants to do PCP in the Dark youtu.be
Then, Meyvant enthralled the Popdust offices with two of his songs off of Across the Borders: "Love Child" and "New Waves."
Junius Meyvant "Love Child" youtu.be
Junius Meyvant "New Waves" youtu.be
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Popdust Presents | Olivia Lane - Popdust ›
- Popdust Presents | The Trews Lead a Revolution - Popdust ›
- Popdust Presents | Hudson Taylor Whisks Us Away Into The Sky ... ›
- Popdust Presents | Royal KhaoZ Blesses With Good Faith - Popdust ›
- Popdust Presents | Stealth Takes Us Into Eternal Freedom - Popdust ›
- First Ever Popdust Presents Showcase - Popdust ›
- Popdust Presents | Shane Hendrix Is Ready For His Close-Up ... ›
- Popdust Presents | Oak & Ash is your new favorite band - Popdust ›
- Popdust - Popdust Presents ›
It was always her dance floor.
Few artists have given as much of themselves to their fans as Lady Gaga.
Since being ordained queen of the nightclub (not to mention the pregame, the getting-ready-bedroom-dance, the drag show, and the summer night drive) in 2008 with "Just Dance," the hit single from her hit debut album The Fame, Gaga has continued to surprise fans with constant reinvention. She cemented her place as the pop-artist of a generation with Born This Way and even (as over-produced as it was) Art Pop, and then, shockingly, went on to release a jazz standard's album with Tony Bennett (Cheek to Cheek), a country album (Joanne), and finally become an Oscar-nominated actress for A Star Is Born. Somehow, she pulled off every iteration of herself with charisma and grace.
- Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande Share New Song "Rain On Me ... ›
- Lady Gaga Releases "Chromatica" Album Cover, Raises $35 Million ... ›
- Lady Gaga Leads the “Kindness Punks” in a Fight for Peace in ... ›
- Lady Gaga and BLACKPINK Share New Song "Sour Candy" - Popdust ›
Sincere, vulnerable, and seductive.
Australian DIY pop artist Airports, AKA Aaron Lee, releases "U FEEL IT 2," following on the heels of his dreamy lo-fi banger, "Don't Sleep Anymore."
Aaron explains the double entendre of the song, "It started out being written as a song about a haunting relationship with depression in contrast to uplifting music, but when some of the lyrics started to spill out I realized I was also writing about positive romantic feelings for my partner." Featuring bleeding synths, blushing harmonies, and Aaron's velvety falsetto, "U FEEL IT 2" is a perfect summer anthem.
U Feel It 2