The rapper pleaded not guilty in a New York court Monday.
Rapper and nightmarish Ronald McDonald look-alike, Tekashi69, pleaded not guilty on Monday in his federal racketeering case. His trial date was then set for September 4. Thus far, Tekashi — real name Daniel Hernandez — has been denied bail, and is expected to stay behind bars until his day in court. Lance Lazzaro, the rapper's lawyer, proposed that Tekashi pay $750k, give up his passport, and remain on house arrest, but the judge denied this request.
The charges brought against Hernandez include racketeering, conspiracy to commit armed robbery, drug dealing, and other firearm related charges. Tekashi's manager, Shottie, was also charged, along with two other associates. In all, the indictment includes 17 charges going all the way back to 2013. The prosecuting attorney at the hearing on Monday stated that the rapper faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 32 years in prison, and a maximum sentence of life in prison.
Despite being behind bars, it appears the rapper is still planning to release his new album, Dummy Boy. Dj Akademiks, Tekashi's former manager who originally broke the news of Tekashi's arrest, tweeted on Tuesday:
Tekashi 6ix9ine album “DUMMY BOY” will be officially released in a few hours to all major outlets. This is the deci… https://t.co/hjCbawkUAB— DJ Akademiks (@DJ Akademiks)1543329447.0
The record features contributions from Kanye West, Nicki Minaj, Gunna, and Lil Baby, and has been highly anticipated by Tekashi 69 fans.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- How Long Will Tekashi 6ix9ine Be in Jail? Rapper Pleads Not Guilty ... ›
- Tekashi 6ix9ine pleads not guilty to racketeering, firearm charges ... ›
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Pleads Not Guilty in Racketeering, Guns Case | E ... ›
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Pleads Not Guilty, Will Be in Jail for Almost a Year ›
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Pleads Not Guilty to Federal Charges, Trial Date Set ... ›
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Pleads Not Guilty to Firearms Charges – Variety ›
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Pleads Not Guilty in Racketeering, Guns and Drugs ... ›
- Tekashi 6ix9ine pleads not guilty in racketeering, gun case: Reports ›
- Rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine pleads not guilty to racketeering, firearms ... ›