Lush psychedelic colors and creamy soft-serve flavors
Just a few minutes ago, Water and Man dropped their new album, entitled Phantasie, a mesmerizing concoction of vocals and kaleidoscopic rock music.
The band dropped their first album, Into the Infinite, in 2014, when in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Three years later, Water and Man jumped to New York City in pursuit of new opportunities to develop their sound. The band is made up of Vic Delnur (vocals, guitar, keyboards), Lip dos Santos (keyboards), Eric Maciel (guitar, keyboards), Flavio Ferraz (bass, synths), and Milton Arantes (drums).
Phantasie contains eight tracks. Outstanding tracks include "When It Comes To Life," a lustrously layered psychedelic-flavored prog rock number, with glowing, patterned colors exuding from the synths and compact high-pitched vocals. "Give It Time" features jazz-flavored, velvety prog rock textures and soft, dreamy vocals.
The title track mirrors aromas of new wave, dance-lite, and pearly prog rock surfaces. Fluctuating synth hues infuse the tune with gentle sparkling dynamics, as sinuous vocal harmonies pervade the atmosphere. "Nias," an instrumental piece, swells with enhancing layers and spirals of glistening colors. A mid-tempo rhythm provides the foundation, while interweaving synths dance and twirl overhead. This is a gorgeous number.
"The Wanderer" opens with Billy Joel-like piano tones seguing into a surging, coursing prog rock tune. The silky flow of the synths imbues the music with elegant gossamer textures. Nacreous harmonies merge deliciously with the melody.
The last track on the album, "Tangerine," oozes with buttery textures and smooth harmonics, accented with twinkling embers of color and high-pitched, mellow vocals. A warbling synth enhances the warm cottony-feel of the gently undulating tones.
At times Phantasie seems as remote as specters, while at other times it attains glossy muscularity, sleek and rippling, as the synths and vocal harmonies intertwine with yummy harmonic results. This is plush psychedelic rock at its best.
Randy Radic is a Left Coast author and writer. Author of numerous true crime books written under the pen-name of John Lee Brook. Former music contributor at Huff Post.
If you cling to outdated ideas, you are choosing to be left behind.
A relative recently reached out to express concern that I was sharing ageist sentiments on the Internet.
She didn't have to specify which content had bothered her. I knew she was talking about my attacks on "boomers."
- Fox Media's "Okay Boomer" Trademark is Peak Boomer Energy ... ›
- A Guide For Talking to Boomers - Popdust ›
- OK, boomer. The kids are fighting back. - The Washington Post ›
- 'OK boomer' is dividing generations. What does it mean? ›
- OK, Boomer: This Is How To Respond To Gen Z's New Meme ›
- 'OK, Boomer' Vs. 'OK, Millennial': Workplace Nightmare, Or Just A ... ›
- "OK, boomer": 25-year-old lawmaker shuts down heckler during ... ›
- What does “OK boomer” mean? The meme, explained - Vox ›
- 'OK Boomer' Marks the End of Friendly Generational Relations - The ... ›
Please stop me.
Post Malone is the poet laureate of all beer-drunken hearts, and his astute observations on life, love, and intoxication deserve to be taken far too seriously.
As a freshly graduated English major who just moved to Brooklyn, I feel that it's my personal responsibility to share my philosophical musings with the world. Sadly, very few people read books anymore, so I've decided to apply my degree to something I love but that also may meet the masses on their terms: the exquisitely poetic lyrics of the one and only Post Malone.
- Post Malone Talks New Album, Courtney Love, and COVID-19 on Nirvana Livestream - Popdust ›
- Listen to Post Malone Cover Nirvana Songs Live This Friday - Popdust ›
- Post Malone Lyrics ›
- 20 Post Malone Song Lyrics & Music Videos From Today's Newly ... ›
- Post Malone lyrics, songs and albums | LyricsFreak ›
- Post Malone's 'Wow.' Lyrics | Billboard ›
- The five most peak Post Malone lyrics on 'Hollywood's Bleeding' ›
- Post Malone - Die For Me (Lyrics) ft. Future, Halsey - YouTube ›
- Post Malone Song Lyrics | MetroLyrics ›
- Post Malone - circles (Lyrics) - YouTube ›
- Post Malone Lyrics, Songs, and Albums | Genius ›
- Post Malone Lyrics ›