An anthem to female empowerment.
Los Angeles art-rock grunge-pop duo War Twins release the music video for "Right or Wrong," a song from their forthcoming album American Kids, via 6Tetra4 Records.
War Twins comprises drummer/producer James Grey and singer-songwriter Gaetana, who explains, "To be honest, this project was a way for me to heal. When I began writing for War Twins, I felt a strong desire to give a message of brutal honesty, empowerment and strength. I didn't know at the time that this was because it was what I needed myself. I am a survivor of rape, domestic violence and abuse, so for me this project has been about reclaiming who I am in a powerful way, even when it makes me uncomfortable."
War Twins - Right or Wrong (Official Music Video) youtu.be
"Right or Wrong" boasts a sensuous beat, shimmering with thick rhythmic pulses. Gaetana's voice drips with wicked smoldering timbres, infusing the lyrics with a sense of foreboding. “Life makes you jaded," she croons. “I am doctor / Come take your medicine / Right or Wrong."
War Twins will appear at The Roxy, October 14th, with proceeds going to East LA Women's Center.
Want to get into rock's most misunderstood subgenre? Here's where to start.
Has there ever been a style of music as misunderstood as emo?
Sunny Day Real Estate, Diary (1994)
- The 10 Most Important Emo Albums, From My Chem To Fall Out Boy ›
- Top 20 Emo Albums in History: Complete List - LA Weekly ›
- MEB's 40 Greatest Emo Albums of All-Time - Mind Equals ... ›
- The 11 best emo albums | Louder ›
- 30 essential emo albums from the genre's 35-year history ›
- Pitchfork's Best Emo Albums of All Time - Album of The Year ›
- 10 Emo Albums Every Music Fan Should Own | Consequence of ... ›
- 20 Emo Albums That Have Resolutely Stood The Test Of Time | NME ›
- The 25 Greatest Emo Albums Ever — Kerrang! ›
- 40 Greatest Emo Albums of All Time - Rolling Stone ›
And here's why.
You know those movies that have been parodied, memed, and referenced so much that you feel like you've seen them–but you never have and, honestly, why would you bother?
You know that at the end of Taxi Driver Travis Bickle may or may not hallucinate a violent episode, and you've seen people dress up in Robert De Niro's utility jacket, black shades, and weird Roman soldier haircut at every Halloween party you've ever attended. You know that Scarface's Tony Montana screams, "Say hello to my little friend" while wearing a suit with giant lapels and holding a machine gun. How do you know this? No, you've never seen the movie; the fact is that the sheer masterpiece of a few key scenes capturing the climax of a film can overshadow the entire production. Sure, you want to sit down to watch them "one day," but you just never get around to it.
- 25 greatest movie scenes of the last 25 years | For The Win ›
- Best Movie Scenes - Classic Movies ›
- The 40 Most Famous Movie Scenes of All Time | Best Life ›
- 36 Of The Greatest Movie Scenes Ever Made ›
- 30 Iconic Movie Scenes That Were Totally Unplanned ›
- The 25 Most Influential Movie Scenes of the Last 25 Years | Vanity Fair ›