To some extent, a 0% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes is an honor.
Even amongst trash cinema, the Rotten Tomatoes 0% are a special breed of stank.
For a movie to receive a 0% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, it can't just be bad, and it can't even just be awful. No, a Rotten Tomatoes 0% movie needs to be so terrible that it convinces even the most contrarian film reviewers to unanimously agree that yes, the movie in question is objectively worthless. To put this into perspective, 21% of film critics gave Tom Hooper's Cats a Fresh rating even though, or perhaps because, it featured Dame Judy Dench licking her own crotch. For even starker perspective, one reviewer out of 80 even gave Daddy Day Camp a Fresh rating, and incredibly, it just so happened to be former Popdust reviewer Fred Topel:
To some extent, a 0% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes is an honor. At the time of publishing, Rotten Tomatoes features review compilations for 17,494 movies. 984 of those movies, or roughly 0.05%, have received a perfect 100% Fresh, akin to universal accolades. But fewer than 365 movies, or 0.02%, have received a 0% Fresh. This means that while critical darlings may be rare, 0%ers are legendary.
Recently, a new Netflix movie called 365 Days joined Rotten Tomatoes' hallowed ranks of cinematic miscarriages, and this seems like as good a reason as any to spawn a listicle. So without further ado, let's dig into 30 movies that received a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
Jaws 4: The Revenge
Did you know that there are like 80 Jaws movies? Did you know he keeps coming back n' sh!t? Yeah, well, this is the fourth one.
- 29 Movies That Received a 0% Fresh Rating on Rotten Tomatoes ›
- "Captain Marvel 2" Is Slated to Trigger Low-Performing Dudes All ... ›
- Before "Uncut Gems" Why Does Adam Sandler Choose Bad Movies ... ›
- Netflix's 365 Days Glorifies Sex Crimes ›
- A New Netflix Show Has Unseated '365 Days' For The #1 Spot ›
- Savage reviews of this new Netflix movie earned it a 0% Rotten ... ›
- Netflix's Last Days of American Crime Scores Rare 0% on Rotten ... ›
- Movies that earned a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Worst Summer Movies of All Time << Rotten Tomatoes – Movie and ... ›
- New Netflix movie lands infamous 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas (2014) - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (2011) - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Gotti (2018) - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Cube Zero (2004) - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- List of films with a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes - Wikipedia ›