It's a girl!
Congrats to Cardi B and her hubby Offset on the birth of their first child together. He has other children (3) from previous relationships and this is Cardi B's first. The 25-year-old welcomed the interestingly-named Kulture Kiari Cephus into the world yesterday, July 10, sharing the joyous news with fans on her Instagram account.
The news comes not long after the rapper revealed she was already married to Offset when the world thought they were not yet "official." Perhaps she and her man were playing by the "rules" of the old sing-song-y saying, "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby…" You get the idea.
And what a year it has been for Cardi B. Being a new mom is a miracle, finding one's "soul mate" is spectacular, and as Cardi B continues to climb the charts and break records, the future is in the palm of her well-manicured hands.
As Cardi B gets into the swing of motherhood and all that comes with it, we can bet that as soon as she is able to, she'll be back on stage stunning crowds and soaring the charts some more. Offset is already familiar with being a dad, so adding another bundle of joy to ever-growing family makes things all the merrier.
No pics of the precious baby yet but stay tuned for the first we can find.
Melissa A. Kay is a New York-based writer, editor, and content strategist. Follow her work on Popdust as well as sites including TopDust, Chase Bank, P&G, Understood.org, The Richest, GearBrain, The Journiest, Bella, TrueSelf, Better Homes & Gardens, AMC Daycare, and more.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Cardi B and Offset Are Grandparents After Couple's Dog Gives Birth ... ›
- Cardi B Says She's Too Close to Giving Birth to Sit for Deposition ... ›
- Pregnant Cardi B Twerks, Sings About Being Ready to 'Give Birth ... ›
- Cardi B reveals the gender of her baby | She talks about plans after ... ›
- Pregnant Cardi B announces last performance before giving birth ... ›
Happy birthday to the world's biggest genre
On this day in 1973, Clive Campbell, the Jamaican-American "selector" known as DJ Kool Herc, hosted a "back to school jam" at 1520 Sedgewick Avenue in the Boogie Down Bronx of New York City.
Armed with a booming sound system and reggae beats, Herc– a shortened nickname for "Hercules"– commanded insatiable audiences across the South Bronx with his unique looping technique called the "Merry-Go Round." "[I knew that] they were waiting for this particular break," Herc later said, "and I got a couple of records that got the same break up in it. I wonder how it would be if I put them all together."
- On This Day: Bob Marley and The Wailers Made the Greatest ... ›
- On This Day: "Killing Me Softly" Broke Up The Fugees - Popdust ›
- On This Day: Aretha Franklin's "Respect" Is More Important Than Ever ›
- On This Day, “Madvillainy” Changed Hip-Hop Forever - Popdust ›
Raymond's popularity sheds light on a bizarre underside of the Animal Crossing fandom.
Raymond is a smug cat who highlights his heterochromatic eyes with hipster glasses.
He is essentially the same exact character as every other Animal Crossing villager with a "Smug" personality type, but again, and this is very important, Raymond is a cat with heterochromatic eyes and hipster glasses. As such, he has completely broken the Animal Crossing community.
- Terraforming Changes How We Experience Animal Crossing ... ›
- People Are Going on Dates in the "Animal Crossing: New Horizons ... ›
- The Worst Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked - Popdust ›