Bieber's new fashion line screams of ripped off Yeezy, POW uniforms, and the lost innocence of 2010's "Baby" fans.
Justin Bieber is finally embracing his full potential.
On Tuesday, the singer's much-awaited clothing line, Drew House, debuted online. The apparel exacerbates the same slouchy, oversized look as Kanye's Yeezy line, but its mental asylum color scheme suggests that Bieber is evolving his cult following into an actual cult. Officially trademarked as the House of Drew, the brand is swathed in beige, corduroy, and Bieber's signature deranged smiley face logo bearing his middle name. The 24-year-old has created a fashion line that screams of ripped off Yeezy, POW uniforms, and the lost innocence of 2010's "Baby" fans.
But Drew House's inflated price points confirm that mega-success in the music industry qualifies anyone to market their bad taste as high fashion. Starting at $48 for a T-shirt and sliding up to $148 for plain corduroy pants, the brand's website captures its commitment to the comedy bit called fashion. Its About Us section reads, "Drew House is a place where you can be yourself. Blah blah blah blahsdbksjdfhl. Wear like you don't care. Come chill. K. Bye."
Some fans felt duped after looking forward to the full line's release since last month's preview, which featured a simple pair of slippers donning the branded emoji, that cost only $4.99. The company's marketing campaign seems hellbent on swaddling gangs of dead-eyed, unsmiling Beliebers (who have yet to find their purpose like the movement promised in 2010) in colors of prison-beige and one possessed doodle.
But aside from all that, the most irksome aspect of Bieber's clothing line is the lack of originality. Anyone who's ever shuffled into Walmart at 1 AM, sockless and in sleepwear, has borne a striking resemblance to one of Bieber's models. Come to think of it, so does Walmart's mascot:
So does the symbol of a fictional murderer in Alan Moore's Watchmen:
So does the symbol of real-life murderers from The Smiley Face Killers:
It's confirmed. Something's rotten in the House of Drew.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Justin Bieber Launching A New Fashion Label Proves How Much ... ›
- Why Is Justin Bieber's Clothing Line Named 'Drew House'? | Revelist ›
- Justin Bieber's Drew House Fashion Line Released $5 Emoji ... ›
- Justin Bieber Launches Long-Teased Drew House Clothing Line ... ›
- Justin Bieber's Clothing Line on Instagram - Drew House on Instagram ›
- Justin Bieber's slippers from his House of Drew fashion label have ... ›
- Justin Bieber fans outraged by his clothing line House of Drew's prices ›
- Justin Bieber just launched his clothing line, Drew House ›
- Justin Bieber Just Launched a New Clothing Line Called Drew ... ›
- Justin Bieber's Drew fashion line is here. Hope you like corduroy! ›
Happy birthday to the world's biggest genre
On this day in 1973, Clive Campbell, the Jamaican-American "selector" known as DJ Kool Herc, hosted a "back to school jam" at 1520 Sedgewick Avenue in the Boogie Down Bronx of New York City.
Armed with a booming sound system and reggae beats, Herc– a shortened nickname for "Hercules"– commanded insatiable audiences across the South Bronx with his unique looping technique called the "Merry-Go Round." "[I knew that] they were waiting for this particular break," Herc later said, "and I got a couple of records that got the same break up in it. I wonder how it would be if I put them all together."
- On This Day: Bob Marley and The Wailers Made the Greatest ... ›
- On This Day: "Killing Me Softly" Broke Up The Fugees - Popdust ›
- On This Day: Aretha Franklin's "Respect" Is More Important Than Ever ›
- On This Day, “Madvillainy” Changed Hip-Hop Forever - Popdust ›
Raymond's popularity sheds light on a bizarre underside of the Animal Crossing fandom.
Raymond is a smug cat who highlights his heterochromatic eyes with hipster glasses.
He is essentially the same exact character as every other Animal Crossing villager with a "Smug" personality type, but again, and this is very important, Raymond is a cat with heterochromatic eyes and hipster glasses. As such, he has completely broken the Animal Crossing community.
- Terraforming Changes How We Experience Animal Crossing ... ›
- People Are Going on Dates in the "Animal Crossing: New Horizons ... ›
- The Worst Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked - Popdust ›