Austrailian singer-songwriter releases slice of life music video ahead of upcoming third album.
In the midst of working on her third album and after winning the prestigious Carol Lloyd Award in 2018, Australian singer-songwriter Leanne Tennant continues to branch out from her acoustic style.
She enters entirely new sonic territory in her new music video for her latest single, "Cherry Cola."
The clip, directed and edited by Jennifer Embelton, begins with Tennant getting into the back of a mysterious, vintage car. As the track's simple guitar picking starts to play in the background, the vehicle drives off to an unknown destination. The songstress croons about loving and missing someone and the feelings of loneliness that follow.
Throughout the video, viewers are shown various day and night scenes of young people skating, kissing, and going on with their lives as Tennant voyeuristically watches from inside the car. As she continues on her seemingly aimless drive, Tennant sings heartfelt lyrics like, "Once you were sweet on me/ ice cold, you're a mystery/ Now I'm not who I used to be/ Cherry Cola, your hold on me."
"The 'Cherry Cola' music video is a snapshot of life. A display of different people all experiencing different slices of life," said Tennant. The singer goes on to explain that, "The clip was filmed in various locations around Brisbane over the course of a couple of rainy days and was inspired by Tennant's love of Super 8 Film. "We tried to capture in this imagery, a feeling of happiness, yet also a feeling of something being unexplained, or not quite right," said the singer.
Viewers then follow Tennant to a tennis court where she is joined by brightly dressed cheerleaders. The dancers perform a routine to the tune of the final chorus and dance in a circle around Tennant as she looks forebodingly into the camera. This final scene is intercut with alternating shots of the dancers smiling and with shots of them similarly looking into the camera with ominous, foreboding expressions as if to say that there is more complexity to their lives than what is perceived at first glance.
Check out the music video for "Cherry Cola" below.
LEANNE TENNANT - CHERRY COLA www.youtube.com
Alessandra Rincón is a journalist, writer, and photographer from Baton Rouge, Louisiana living in New York City. She loves covering music, art and culture news and you can usually find her at a show or with her nose in a book. In her spare time she is a musician, comic book nerd and wannabe cook.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- INTERVIEW: Leanne Tennant returns with new single 'Cherry Cola ... ›
- Leanne Tennant Releases New Single Cherry Cola - Born Yesterday ›
- Leanne Tennant Cherry Cola - Music Reads - Double J ›
- Cherry Cola - Single by Leanne Tennant on Apple Music ›
- Leanne Tennant - NEWS ›
- NEW SINGLE REVIEW: “Cherry Cola“ (LEANNE TENNANT) | THE ... ›
If you cling to outdated ideas, you are choosing to be left behind.
A relative recently reached out to express concern that I was sharing ageist sentiments on the Internet.
She didn't have to specify which content had bothered her. I knew she was talking about my attacks on "boomers."
- Fox Media's "Okay Boomer" Trademark is Peak Boomer Energy ... ›
- A Guide For Talking to Boomers - Popdust ›
- OK, boomer. The kids are fighting back. - The Washington Post ›
- 'OK boomer' is dividing generations. What does it mean? ›
- OK, Boomer: This Is How To Respond To Gen Z's New Meme ›
- 'OK, Boomer' Vs. 'OK, Millennial': Workplace Nightmare, Or Just A ... ›
- "OK, boomer": 25-year-old lawmaker shuts down heckler during ... ›
- What does “OK boomer” mean? The meme, explained - Vox ›
- 'OK Boomer' Marks the End of Friendly Generational Relations - The ... ›
Please stop me.
Post Malone is the poet laureate of all beer-drunken hearts, and his astute observations on life, love, and intoxication deserve to be taken far too seriously.
As a freshly graduated English major who just moved to Brooklyn, I feel that it's my personal responsibility to share my philosophical musings with the world. Sadly, very few people read books anymore, so I've decided to apply my degree to something I love but that also may meet the masses on their terms: the exquisitely poetic lyrics of the one and only Post Malone.
- Post Malone Talks New Album, Courtney Love, and COVID-19 on Nirvana Livestream - Popdust ›
- Listen to Post Malone Cover Nirvana Songs Live This Friday - Popdust ›
- Post Malone Lyrics ›
- 20 Post Malone Song Lyrics & Music Videos From Today's Newly ... ›
- Post Malone lyrics, songs and albums | LyricsFreak ›
- Post Malone's 'Wow.' Lyrics | Billboard ›
- The five most peak Post Malone lyrics on 'Hollywood's Bleeding' ›
- Post Malone - Die For Me (Lyrics) ft. Future, Halsey - YouTube ›
- Post Malone Song Lyrics | MetroLyrics ›
- Post Malone - circles (Lyrics) - YouTube ›
- Post Malone Lyrics, Songs, and Albums | Genius ›
- Post Malone Lyrics ›