Now in Theaters: 5 New Movies for the Weekend of June 21
Revisit old friends and make some new ones in "Toy Story 4."
Welcome back to "Now in Theaters: 5 New Movies for the Weekend."
This week, return to your childhood for the fourth time with Toy Story 4...or Child's Play.
Toy Story 4
Toy Story 4 | Official Trailerwww.youtube.com
There's never been a Toy Story movie that's anything less than fantastic, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that Toy Story 4 is getting rave reviews, too. Toy Story has the incredible capacity to combine nostalgia with fresh, modern stories that continue growing up alongside the people who watched the first one in theaters as kids. This one looks fun and sad and hopeful, and I can't wait to watch it. This probably goes without saying, but Toy Story 4 is my obvious PICK OF THE WEEK.
CHILD'S PLAY Official Trailer #2 - (2019)www.youtube.com
Even amongst stupid movie slashers, Chucky has always been exceptionally goofy. Then again, that's part of the charm––watching a doll possessed by a serial killer ghost murder people. The new movie is attempting to reboot the franchise, and somehow, they're making the already dumb premise even dumber by making the Chucky doll some sort of media super controller. Why would anyone ever want to buy a spooky doll to control all their electronics? Who would that product be for? Movie victims, that's who. I'm kind of looking forward to it.
Anna Trailer #1 (2019) | Movieclips Trailerswww.youtube.com
It's John Wick BUT FOR LADIES. That's basically how this is being advertised. Assuming that's accurate, assuming this really is a female-lead action franchise with the unprecedented grace and beauty of John Wick, Anna could be amazing. Unfortunately, even the big action scene in the trailer seems to have some unnecessary quick cuts, and the lead's skewed face suggests the use of a stunt double. The review embargo (essentially a ban on reviews being published prior to a given date) worries me, too. My hopes aren't high, but I'd like to be wrong.
Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am
Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am - Official Trailerwww.youtube.com
Toni Morrison is considered one of the greatest living authors in the American literary canon and, perhaps more importantly, one of the most revolutionary black authors in literature. Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am is a documentary that places her and her works within the proper cultural context to fully appreciate her influence. It looks like a powerful work, and if you're a fan of Toni Morrison's writing, it's definitely worth checking out.
WILD ROSE | OFFICIAL MAIN TRAILERwww.youtube.com
Singer/actress Jessie Buckley (Chernobyl) stars as Rose-Lynn Harlan, a Scottish convict and single mother who pursues her dream of becoming a country music star in Nashville. The trailer shows a surprising amount of heart, and reviews seem overwhelmingly positive. Overall, Wild Rose looks really good, so if you're in the mood for a serious, musical drama this weekend, this might be one to watch.
- BOX OFFICE BREAKDOWN | NYFF Darling Shines Bright - Popdust ›
- TOP 5 movies coming out this weekend. Friday, July 21st. - Popdust ›
- BOX OFFICE BREAKDOWN | Roar into the weekend with dinosaurs ... ›
- Now in Theaters: 5 New Movies for the Weekend of March 22 ... ›
- Black Pumas Release Vibrant Single "Colors" Ahead of Album ... ›
- 10 Dos and Don'ts to Surviving Reboots in 2019 - Popdust ›
- Now in Theaters: 5 New Movies for the Weekend of June 28 - Popdust ›
- New and Favorite Toy Story Adventures Now Playing at Disneyland ... ›
- Friday, June 21, 2019 ›
- Toy Story 4 on Twitter: "#ToyStory4 arrives in one month. Watch the ... ›
- Movies - Paragon Theaters ›
- Best Movies in Theaters in June 2019 – Top Movie Releases This ... ›
- Toy Story 4 Coming to Theaters June 21, 2019 ›
- Chris Stapleton is in TOY STORY 4, In theaters June 21. HEAR HIM ... ›
- Toy Story 4 | In Theaters June 21 - YouTube ›
- Walt Disney Studios - Toy Story 4 | In Theaters June 21 | Facebook ›