The NYC Coffee Music Project final was a night to remember and a cause for humanity
11 Artists enter, 1 Artist leaves. Who won?
When you think about a talent show, you may think of the Voice, American Idol, or even your local Open Mic. The Coffee Music Project, partnering with Project Waterfall, took place at Rockwood Music Hall. It represented not only eleven of the most talented singer-songwriters, but the kindness humanity has to offer. All of the proceeds from the festival went to Project Waterfall to bring countries clean water where there is none.
As Editor of Popdust, I was asked to be a judge for the competition. I felt honored to be invited and told them I would love to participate. It is interesting to watch you people developing. I realized that I had experienced much of what they are all striving for... success doing that which you love. Music!
We all do music for different reasons, which is easier to recognize in other people besides yourself. Everyone had worked hard to get to where they were in their musical journey. Everyone that reached the finals had earned the privilege to compete with other artist on the same level. It is a good gauge to see where you stand in the larger scheme of things.
As all of these thoughts rolled around my head, I smiled and thought... These musicians have already won, regardless of who wins the prize. It is an affirmation that they are doing something right. I judged all but one of the nights for semi-finals and the finals. This business can be unkind, but that is what separates the artist that succeeds and the artist that makes music their hobby, more than a career.
Persistence and drive are essential qualities to approach the starting line, just to compete on a professional level. So all of these contestants deserve credit for the craft and their continued work ethic. I respect the grind and unwillingness to give up. I got some footage from the contest so all can see this was not an easy decision. Please check all of these artists out, you will not be disappointed. Meet the pop-stars of tomorrow.
Meowth is best cat.
Going into Pokemon Sword and Shield, I was unimpressed with the new starter Pokemon.
Meh.The Pokemon Company
I normally gravitate towards fire-type starters, but Cinderace was a little too humanoid-rabbit-wearing-pants for my tastes. Inteleon was just "lol no." Rillaboom hit the closest to my usual favorite powerhouse aesthetic (think Charizard, Blaziken, and Incineroar), but something about him didn't quite feel right (or maybe I just don't connect with grass types?).
- The Pokemon Community Has Gone Toxic Over Sword and Shield ... ›
- "Pokemon Unite": Why Pokemon Fans Will Never Get Their Dream Game - Popdust ›
- Alolan Meowth ›
- Meowth Bundle | Online Exclusive | Pokemon | Build-A-Bear® ›
- Meowth - Wikipedia ›
- Meowth | Pokédex ›
- Meowth - #052 - Serebii.net Pokédex ›
- Meowth Pokédex: stats, moves, evolution & locations | Pokémon ... ›
- Meowth (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon ... ›
- Pokemon Sword And Pokemon Shield - New Gigantamax Pikachu ... ›
- 'Pokémon Sword and Shield's Gigantamax Meowth looks a lot like ... ›
- GIGANTAMAX MEOWTH MONEY GUIDE! EASY MONEY in ... ›
- GIGANTAMAX POKÉMON are coming to the Pokémon Sword and ... ›
- How to Get Gigantamax Meowth / Kantonian Meowth in Pokemon ... ›
- Pokémon Sword & Shield: How To Claim Gigantamax Meowth ... ›
- Pokémon Sword & Shield get Fat Pikachu, Longcat Meowth ... ›
- List of Every Gigantamax Pokemon - Pokemon Sword and Shield ... ›
- Pokémon Sword and Shield guide: Where to find Gigantamax Meowth ›