I can't believe I'm writing this.
After every Halloween, Pornhub–the Internet's favorite purveyor of smut–releases a post-mortem on their Halloween traffic.
These statistics give deep, dark, and spooky insights into the depths of human culture, because when you really think about it, the things we flick our junk to says a lot about how screwed up we are as a society. So, as a handsome stud who couldn't pass a high school acting class might say to his pretend step-sister, let's dive in.
Pornhub's Halloween Traffic Change chart is nice and simple. It shows that, compared to their average numbers, viewership dipped on Halloween night between 2 PM and 11 PM, with a peak -22% low at 7 PM. These numbers line up well with what one might expect, considering those are the hours during which most people are attending Halloween events or, at the very least, attending to trick-or-treaters.
Then, after 11 PM, when they get home from their parties and the trick-or-treaters have all gone to bed, they begin hog-wrangling or bean-tossing at higher-than-average rates. Certainly on Halloween, people are more likely to see something they wouldn't normally see that turns them on. So what are people searching for?
Oh god. So as it turns out, people really, really, really want to f*ck the DC Universe. Harley Quinn and the Joker topped character searches this year by a pretty huge margin, with only "teacher" trailing close behind. Harley Quinn makes sense, to some extent. Her outfits tend to be traditionally sexy and form-fitting, all midriff-revealing tops, mesh leggings, and spandex.
But how is the Joker sexy? He's a literally insane man, and if we're going by the most recent movie, a clinically depressed one too. Is that attractive to women now? Or maybe it's the clown aspect, because women seem to like those a whole lot, too.
A lot of the other searches are just about what you'd expect––women like cowboys and men like sexy bunnies––but a few of them are very troubling. Like, why are women specifically searching for Michael Myers? He is a masked serial killer in a blue jumpsuit, and Jesus H. Christ, is that what women want? I mean, I understand power fantasies, but the man's entire personality is murdering you.
Men aren't off the hook either. Why would you ever want to fuck a zombie? Zombies aren't sexy. They are hotbeds of decay and disease, and sticking your willie into one would definitely cause you to become infected, too. And that's best case scenario. Worst case scenario, it falls off. Is your pecker falling off part of your zombie sex fantasy, because let's be honest here, that would be the reality.
I'm not trying to kink shame here, but human sexuality is terrifying. Women want to f*ck murderers and men want to f*ck corpses. But okay, these are just costumes, and on Halloween, anything goes, right? So let's talk meat and potatoes. What kind of terms are people searching for on Halloween.
"Halloween pumpkin." There was a 6957% increase in the search for "halloween pumpkin." There is only one possible reason that people would be searching for the term "halloween pumpkin" on Pornhub, and the reason is that they want to watch videos of people f*cking pumpkins. In fact, some people with a lower capacity for subtlety straight up searched for "d*ck pumpkin." How big is the market for pumpkin porn? How many pumpkin porn videos exist? There can't be that many, right? Which means that there might be a real opportunity here for innovative pornographers to serve the apparently severely underrepresented market of people who want to watch dudes bone pumpkins. Is there money in pumpkins? Could I make money from porking pumpkins?
BRB, telling my editor I quit.
- Stranger Things creators say to fix your damn TV settings ›
- Here Are the 15 Finalists in Pornhub's Search for a Brilliant Non ... ›
- The Most Popular Pornhub Searches For Halloween ›
- Sci-Fi Fantasy Pixel Art Animated Gifs | The Mary Sue ›
- Kanye West Is a Creative Director For The Inaugural Pornhub ... ›
- Study: Some Black Holes Could Predate Big Bang | The Mary Sue ›
- Pornhub's Year In Review Reveals The World's Sauciest Statistics ... ›
- BioShock: Infinite Isometric Point of View | The Mary Sue ›
- Warner Bros Digital Static Shock Mortal Kombat Series | The Mary Sue ›
- The annual PornHub year in review tells us what we're really looking ... ›
- PornHub had a spike in traffic after Hawaii missile alert all clear ›
- Pornhub shares top Halloween searches – Harley Quinn and the ... ›
- Pornhub vous aide à choisir votre costume d'Halloween ›
- Bella Thorne accepts Vision Award from PornHub ›
- Pornhub Releases Their Most Popular Halloween Searches | | Scott ... ›
- Halloween: Harley Quinn y Joker, lo más buscados en PornHub ... ›
- Pornhub ujawnił czego szukają ludzie na Halloween - Antyradio.pl ›
- Dit zijn de bizarre zoekwoorden op Pornhub tijdens Halloween ... ›
- Pornhub Shares The Sexiest Halloween Costume Ideas | Gizmodo ... ›
- Pornhub Shares the Sexiest Halloween Costume Ideas | Gizmodo UK ›
- PornHub Drops Halloween List of 2019's Most Popular Costumes ... ›
- Pornhub revela las siniestras búsquedas de sus usuarios durante ... ›
Breaking down the bias of comfort films.
With the constant onslaught of complicated news that 2020 has brought, sometimes you just want to be able to shut off your brain, relax, and feel happy.
Enter comfort films. These are the feel-good movies that feel like a warm hug when you finish them, the ones that allow you to escape for a short while. We often turn to these types of films in times of trouble or extreme stress, and when we're not sure what films of this nature we should watch, we turn to the Internet for options.
Just! Do! Better!
We've all been there.
We've all looked back at an old photo of ourselves at a costume party, red solo cup in hand, pre-2008- recession smile spread across our faces. "Why would I wear that costume?!" we think to ourselves. Even Justin Trudeau has been there once...or twice...or three times. But in most cases, you just can't believe you thought those cat ears were cute or that you decided "sexy Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man" was a good costume idea. Most people don't look back at old costumes and think, "Wow! That was pretty racist and/or culturally insensitive!" You know why? Because of all the things in the world to dress up as, why dress up as something or someone that's racist/culturally insensitive? Because you're lazy and racist and culturally insensitive, that's why! Here are 13 times celebrities were just that for Halloween.
- These are the Most Offensive Celebrity Halloween Costumes - Maxim ›
- 10 Most Controversial and Offensive Celebrity Halloween Costumes ›
- The 15 Most Controversial Celebrity Halloween Costumes of All Time ›
- Top 10 WTF Were They Thinking Celebrity Halloween Costumes ... ›
- The most offensive celebrity Halloween costumes ever: From Kim ... ›
- The most controversial celebrity Halloween costumes ›
- The 13 Most Offensive Celebrity Halloween Costumes Of The Decade ›
- The Most Controversial Celebrity Costumes of All Time ›
- The Most Offensive Celebrity Halloween Costumes Ever | Complex ›
- Celebrity Halloween costumes that sparked outrage - Insider ›