Re-imagining the shade of truth.
Ethereal electro-pop artist MONOGEM, just released two remixes of "Shade," a song about speaking truth.
According to MONOGEM, "One of my favorite parts of the release process is remix time. I absolutely love hearing my songs re-imagined, it almost gives a song that can feel older and not as relevant, a totally new life."
MONOGEM is the musical project of singer-songwriter Jen Hirsh, who borrowed her name from the universe, where a monogem ring is the lingering glow after a supernova.
In 2017, MONOGEM dropped her second EP, 100%, along with a Remix EP and her breakout single, "Wild," which went viral, accumulating 65 million streams. The music video for "Wild," starring Coco Arquette, was featured on Good Morning America, E! News, NYLON, and Perez Hilton.
She followed with a pair of elevated singles in 2018, as well as a national tour with ANIMA! The first single, "Lean," from her forthcoming EP, So Many Ways, is slated for release May 17 via AWAL.
The first remix of "Shade," by Eau Claire, opens on two harmonic layers, dark and light, riding a potent rhythmic pulse provided by a bass line and thumping percussion. Reverberating, filtered vocals infuse the tune with echoing spectral tones full of mystery.
MOZAMBIQUE's remix rides sparkling synths supported by a cavernously throbbing groove rife with dance-lite dynamics. Shimmering washes of color glide overhead, as a tantalizing female voice imbues the lyrics with lingering incandescence. Glistening resonance pervades the music, giving it solid depth and dimension.
Vastly different in texture and sonic surfaces, both remixes of "Shade" reveal MONOGEM's gift for stylish, iridescent electro-pop.
Follow MONOGEM Website | Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Youtube
Randy Radic is a Left Coast author and writer. Author of numerous true crime books written under the pen-name of John Lee Brook. Former music contributor at Huff Post.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- MONOGEM - Get You High (Official Video) - YouTube ›
- Monogem Drops Intoxicating New Video for "Get You High" | L.A. ... ›
- MONOGEM - YouTube ›
- Monogem on Spotify ›
- Monogem - Wild - YouTube ›
- MONOGEM (@Monogemlovesyou) | Twitter ›
- MONOGEM | MONOGEM | Free Listening on SoundCloud ›
- MONOGEM (@monogem) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Monogem - Home | Facebook ›
- monogem ›
Cats in tuxedos are here to lend you their strength.
2020 is on fire.
From the COVID-19 pandemic to the racist police epidemic to freaking murder hornets, let's just throw 2020 out. Yes, the entire year.
- Heaviside Layer ›
- Why Tom Hooper Is the Quintessential Director of the 2010's - Popdust ›
- Why “Cats” Is the Cult Movie Classic of the Future - Popdust ›
- Adoptable Animal: Tuxedo Cat Diana Is Dressed for the Ball | PETA ›
- 2020 Tuxedo Cat Ball Postponed - SAFE Haven for Cats ›
- What Exactly Is A Tuxedo Cat? Everything You Need To Know ›
- George Floyd protest arrests live updates from Minneapolis, Atlanta ... ›
- Protests Today Live: News Updates and Video - The New York Times ›
- A Tribute to Tuxedo Cats ›
- Fun Facts about Tuxedo Cats | CANIDAE® ›
- 8 Fun Facts About Tuxedo Cats ›
- THE Hachiware CAT wearing Tuxedo & socks – LINE stickers | LINE ... ›
- How do I get my cat to wear a tuxedo for several hours? - Pets Stack ... ›