To some extent, a 0% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes is an honor.
Even amongst trash cinema, the Rotten Tomatoes 0% are a special breed of stank.
For a movie to receive a 0% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, it can't just be bad, and it can't even just be awful. No, a Rotten Tomatoes 0% movie needs to be so terrible that it convinces even the most contrarian film reviewers to unanimously agree that yes, the movie in question is objectively worthless. To put this into perspective, 21% of film critics gave Tom Hooper's Cats a Fresh rating even though, or perhaps because, it featured Dame Judy Dench licking her own crotch. For even starker perspective, one reviewer out of 80 even gave Daddy Day Camp a Fresh rating, and incredibly, it just so happened to be former Popdust reviewer Fred Topel:
The Last Days of American Crime
- 29 Movies That Received a 0% Fresh Rating on Rotten Tomatoes ›
- "Captain Marvel 2" Is Slated to Trigger Low-Performing Dudes All ... ›
- Before "Uncut Gems" Why Does Adam Sandler Choose Bad Movies ... ›
- Netflix's 365 Days Glorifies Sex Crimes ›
- A New Netflix Show Has Unseated '365 Days' For The #1 Spot ›
- Savage reviews of this new Netflix movie earned it a 0% Rotten ... ›
- Netflix's Last Days of American Crime Scores Rare 0% on Rotten ... ›
- Movies that earned a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Worst Summer Movies of All Time << Rotten Tomatoes – Movie and ... ›
- New Netflix movie lands infamous 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas (2014) - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (2011) - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Gotti (2018) - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Cube Zero (2004) - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- List of films with a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes - Wikipedia ›
Happy birthday to the world's biggest genre
On this day in 1973, Clive Campbell, the Jamaican-American "selector" known as DJ Kool Herc, hosted a "back to school jam" at 1520 Sedgewick Avenue in the Boogie Down Bronx of New York City.
Armed with a booming sound system and reggae beats, Herc– a shortened nickname for "Hercules"– commanded insatiable audiences across the South Bronx with his unique looping technique called the "Merry-Go Round." "[I knew that] they were waiting for this particular break," Herc later said, "and I got a couple of records that got the same break up in it. I wonder how it would be if I put them all together."
- On This Day: Bob Marley and The Wailers Made the Greatest ... ›
- On This Day: "Killing Me Softly" Broke Up The Fugees - Popdust ›
- On This Day: Aretha Franklin's "Respect" Is More Important Than Ever ›
- On This Day, “Madvillainy” Changed Hip-Hop Forever - Popdust ›
Raymond's popularity sheds light on a bizarre underside of the Animal Crossing fandom.
Raymond is a smug cat who highlights his heterochromatic eyes with hipster glasses.
He is essentially the same exact character as every other Animal Crossing villager with a "Smug" personality type, but again, and this is very important, Raymond is a cat with heterochromatic eyes and hipster glasses. As such, he has completely broken the Animal Crossing community.
- Terraforming Changes How We Experience Animal Crossing ... ›
- People Are Going on Dates in the "Animal Crossing: New Horizons ... ›
- The Worst Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked - Popdust ›