To some extent, a 0% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes is an honor.
Even amongst trash cinema, the Rotten Tomatoes 0% are a special breed of stank.
For a movie to receive a 0% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, it can't just be bad, and it can't even just be awful. No, a Rotten Tomatoes 0% movie needs to be so terrible that it convinces even the most contrarian film reviewers to unanimously agree that yes, the movie in question is objectively worthless. To put this into perspective, 21% of film critics gave Tom Hooper's Cats a Fresh rating even though, or perhaps because, it featured Dame Judy Dench licking her own crotch. For even starker perspective, one reviewer out of 80 even gave Daddy Day Camp a Fresh rating, and incredibly, it just so happened to be former Popdust reviewer Fred Topel:
The Last Days of American Crime
- 29 Movies That Received a 0% Fresh Rating on Rotten Tomatoes ›
- "Captain Marvel 2" Is Slated to Trigger Low-Performing Dudes All ... ›
- Before "Uncut Gems" Why Does Adam Sandler Choose Bad Movies ... ›
- Netflix's 365 Days Glorifies Sex Crimes ›
- A New Netflix Show Has Unseated '365 Days' For The #1 Spot ›
- Savage reviews of this new Netflix movie earned it a 0% Rotten ... ›
- Netflix's Last Days of American Crime Scores Rare 0% on Rotten ... ›
- Movies that earned a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Worst Summer Movies of All Time << Rotten Tomatoes – Movie and ... ›
- New Netflix movie lands infamous 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas (2014) - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (2011) - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Gotti (2018) - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Cube Zero (2004) - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- List of films with a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes - Wikipedia ›
The classic He-Man meme video stands the test of time as an iconic example of queer-coded art.
In December of 2005, Brokeback Mountain shifted queer-coded cinema into the mainstream.
Prior to 2005, "New Queer Cinema"––a term coined by film scholar B. Ruby Rich in Sight & Sound to define the queer-themed independent film movement, which focused on rejecting heteronormativity and concentrated on LGBTQ protagonists––existed on the fringe of the film world. It's worth noting that while the movement primarily refers to the boom in independent LGBTQ films from 1992 onwards, queer cinema existed for many years prior, albeit without a proper name. But regardless of nomenclature, New Queer Cinema was typically designated for niche audiences, relegated to arthouse showings at best.
There's a big problem with the trailer for Morbius, Sony's upcoming Marvel outing that is definitely not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe even though it has Michael Keaton reprising his role as Vulture (please let us keep our license, Disney!).
See if you can spot it.
MORBIUS - Teaser Trailer www.youtube.com
If you answered, "Sampling Beethoven's 'Für Elise' to line up with blue-tinted action shots is the absolute lowest effort, brain-dead attempt to signify 'gothic vampire movie' in the entire history of movie trailers," you're correct, but that's still not the biggest problem with Morbius. No, the biggest problem is that Morbius is played by Jared Leto.