The electro-pop star gets personal.
LA singer-songwriter and producer, Shoffy (real name Alex Shofler), first made it big with his 2016 hit "Takes My Body Higher." From there, he continued to churn out infectious electro-pop jams that have cemented him as one of the biggest names in the genre.
In 2018 he released his sophomore album "Lenses," and is now gearing up for a massive North American tour. His velvety voice has been compared to John Mayer, while his production quality has been compared to innovators like Frank Ocean.
Popdust Exclusive | Shoffy youtu.be
The star sat down with Popdust's own Brent Butler to discuss his rise to fame, his production methods, and the power of perspective. Shoffy the confronted the horror of the Magic Box, bowing to the power of fractions, admitting to rarely tussling with children, and expressing his desire to go on a cruise with Rob Gronkowski.
The Magic Box Interview with Shoffy youtu.be
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- INTERVIEW | A conversation with Chris Baio ›
- Interview: Shoffy on Latest Single "Direction" - Popdust ›
- Review: Shoffy at Valley Bar - Entertainer Magazine ›
- Shoffy feat. Lincoln Jesser - Takes My Body Higher (Official Music ... ›
- Shoffy to Appear on BIRN Alive – The BIRN ›
- Shoffy Raises The Bar On 'pushin' | News | Clash Magazine ›
- Shoffy | Biography, Albums, Streaming Links | AllMusic ›
- Shoffy's 'Lenses' Is Bright, Light Indie Pop With Emotional Heft ›
- Shoffy on Instagram: “Thanks @travismills for the Beats1 interview.” ›
- PREMIERE: Shoffy Links Up With Sam Farrar of Maroon 5 for the ... ›
- Earning More From Music Than His Finance Job, Shoffy Releases ... ›
It was always her dance floor.
Few artists have given as much of themselves to their fans as Lady Gaga.
Since being ordained queen of the nightclub (not to mention the pregame, the getting-ready-bedroom-dance, the drag show, and the summer night drive) in 2008 with "Just Dance," the hit single from her hit debut album The Fame, Gaga has continued to surprise fans with constant reinvention. She cemented her place as the pop-artist of a generation with Born This Way and even (as over-produced as it was) Art Pop, and then, shockingly, went on to release a jazz standard's album with Tony Bennett (Cheek to Cheek), a country album (Joanne), and finally become an Oscar-nominated actress for A Star Is Born. Somehow, she pulled off every iteration of herself with charisma and grace.
- Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande Share New Song "Rain On Me ... ›
- Lady Gaga Releases "Chromatica" Album Cover, Raises $35 Million ... ›
- Lady Gaga Leads the “Kindness Punks” in a Fight for Peace in ... ›
- Lady Gaga and BLACKPINK Share New Song "Sour Candy" - Popdust ›
Sincere, vulnerable, and seductive.
Australian DIY pop artist Airports, AKA Aaron Lee, releases "U FEEL IT 2," following on the heels of his dreamy lo-fi banger, "Don't Sleep Anymore."
Aaron explains the double entendre of the song, "It started out being written as a song about a haunting relationship with depression in contrast to uplifting music, but when some of the lyrics started to spill out I realized I was also writing about positive romantic feelings for my partner." Featuring bleeding synths, blushing harmonies, and Aaron's velvety falsetto, "U FEEL IT 2" is a perfect summer anthem.
U Feel It 2