Comedian "switched her birth control for Tic Tacs" and more LOL moments
Being one of Saturday Night Live's cast members has its perks, one of which is the opportunity to poke fun at yourself in front of a live studio audience.
Funnyman Pete Davidson took his role as "human punching bag" to a whole new level by being the butt of his own jokes – primarily centered around his relationship with fiancée Ariana Grande on the late night variety show's season premiere.
The 24-year-old was filled with fun and ready to make the audience's night while sitting beside SNL Weekend Update's "anchorman" Colin Jost. The two got plenty of laughs as they chatted about Davidson's relationship with Grande, and how the duo seems like something of a mismatch to those looking in on their seemingly unlikely romance.
Davidson got the crowd chuckling when
he told Jost, "I got engaged and no one could believe it. I can't believe it. I get it, she's the No. 1 pop star in the world and I'm that guy from SNL that everyone thinks is in desperate need for new blood. Do you remember when that whole city pretended that kid was Batman because he was sick? That's what this feels like." Perhaps a bit extreme, but Davidson is fully aware that a gal like Grande could probably get any guy she wants. But she's in love with Davidson and he's more than happy to go along with it.
The banter continued with the men discussing women being more successful than their male mates. As for a prenup? Davidson joked, "Obviously I wanted one, you know, so God forbid we split up and then she takes half my sneakers." Davidson is perfectly fine with his fiancée being the "breadwinner" and he's pleased to "live at her place," which must be a palace.
While Davidson knows he's not likely to be the one to ever leave the relationship, he went on to describe his plans to make sure she stays put. "Last night I switched her birth control with Tic Tacs," he said. "I believe in us and all, but I just want to make sure that she can't go anywhere."
We get why Grande is smitten. A silly and self-deprecating dude makes her laugh. Now that's priceless.
In more serious news about the season opener, Grande was scheduled to perform as the musical guest but pulled out last minute. As
Times Now News reported, "Singer Ariana Grande has dropped out of the Saturday Night Live season 44 premiere, citing emotional reasons. Grande is continuing to recover from the death of her ex-boyfriend Mac Miller, who died earlier this month from a suspected drug overdose. The 25-year-old on Friday took to Twitter to share with her fans she was having 'a tough month.'" She was replaced by Kanye West who caused a stir in his own special way, donning a "MAGA" cap and garnering "boos" from the crowd.
All in all, SNL's season opener got plenty of laughs, even over some of the most awkward topics, tackling current events like the Brett Kavanaugh appearance before the Senate Judiciary Committee starring Matt Damon and other skits designed to make viewers sneer, squirm, smile, and shake their heads. But it was Davidson who knew he had to address the "elephant in the room" – his recent super-speedy engagement. And with the goofy talent Davidson so effortlessly displays, he got right to the topic at hand and made his real life the hub for humor.
Melissa A. Kay is a New York-based writer, editor, and content strategist. Follow her work on Popdust as well as sites including TopDust, Chase Bank, P&G, Understood.org, The Richest, GearBrain, The Journiest, Bella, TrueSelf, Better Homes & Gardens, AMC Daycare, and more.
POP⚡DUST | Read More…
- SNL Deals With the Aftermath of Pete Davidson's Epic Summer ›
- How 'SNL' Tackled Pete Davidson's Engagement to Ariana Grande ... ›
- Ariana Grande Joins Pete Davidson Just Before SNL Premiere | E ... ›
- Weekend Update: Pete Davidson on His Engagement to Ariana ... ›
- The Real Reason S.N.L. Is So Obsessed with Pete Davidson and ... ›
- Weekend Update: Pete Davidson on Being Sober - SNL - YouTube ›
- Pete Davidson - Wikipedia ›
If you really want to get an Animal Crossing player passionate, ask them which villager they hate the most.
Ask any Animal Crossing: New Horizons player which villager is their favorite and they'll probably tell you about a cute, cuddly animal who says sweet things and sends nice gifts (or possibly Roald, the chubby penguin who loves working out).
Roald is the best villager, no question.Nintendo
But if you really want to get an Animal Crossing player passionate, ask them which villager they hate the most. As it turns out, in a game filled to the brim with relaxation and joy, there's still a surprising amount of room for hatred, and all of it is directed at the absolute bottom-tier villagers who move into your perfect town with their ugly appearances and garbage personalities to turn your animal utopia into a rancid dump.
- "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" Has All the QoL Improvements ... ›
- Did Nintendo Create COVID-19 to Make "Animal Crossing: New ... ›
- People Are Going on Dates in the "Animal Crossing: New Horizons ... ›
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Is a Blueprint for Functional ... ›
- Raymond the Smug Cat and the Dark Underbelly of Animal Crossing - Popdust ›
- AOC Is Playing Animal Crossing & Responded to a Trump Troll - Popdust ›
- Nintendo Switch Games to Play in Quarantine While You Wait for the Next Day in "Animal Crossing" - Popdust ›
- The 7 Fastest Ways to Earn Bells on "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" - Popdust ›
- Leif and Redd Bring High Culture to Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Popdust ›
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the best Animal Crossing game ... ›
- Top 10 Best Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked ›
- Top 10 Best Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked ›
- List of Villagers Based on Popularity ›
- Create a Animal Crossing Villagers Tier List - TierMaker ›
- The 10 Cutest Villagers From Animal Crossing, Ranked | Game Rant ›
- Animal Crossing: The 15 Grumpiest Villagers, Ranked | TheGamer ›
- The 10 Weirdest Villagers From Animal Crossing, Ranked | TheGamer ›
- Animal Crossing: The Best Villagers Ever, Ranked | TheGamer ›
- Animal Crossing Villager Species TIER LIST! - YouTube ›
Meowth is best cat.
Going into Pokemon Sword and Shield, I was unimpressed with the new starter Pokemon.
Meh.The Pokemon Company
I normally gravitate towards fire-type starters, but Cinderace was a little too humanoid-rabbit-wearing-pants for my tastes. Inteleon was just "lol no." Rillaboom hit the closest to my usual favorite powerhouse aesthetic (think Charizard, Blaziken, and Incineroar), but something about him didn't quite feel right (or maybe I just don't connect with grass types?).
- The Pokemon Community Has Gone Toxic Over Sword and Shield ... ›
- "Pokemon Unite": Why Pokemon Fans Will Never Get Their Dream Game - Popdust ›
- Alolan Meowth ›
- Meowth Bundle | Online Exclusive | Pokemon | Build-A-Bear® ›
- Meowth - Wikipedia ›
- Meowth | Pokédex ›
- Meowth - #052 - Serebii.net Pokédex ›
- Meowth Pokédex: stats, moves, evolution & locations | Pokémon ... ›
- Meowth (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon ... ›
- Pokemon Sword And Pokemon Shield - New Gigantamax Pikachu ... ›
- 'Pokémon Sword and Shield's Gigantamax Meowth looks a lot like ... ›
- GIGANTAMAX MEOWTH MONEY GUIDE! EASY MONEY in ... ›
- GIGANTAMAX POKÉMON are coming to the Pokémon Sword and ... ›
- How to Get Gigantamax Meowth / Kantonian Meowth in Pokemon ... ›
- Pokémon Sword & Shield: How To Claim Gigantamax Meowth ... ›
- Pokémon Sword & Shield get Fat Pikachu, Longcat Meowth ... ›
- List of Every Gigantamax Pokemon - Pokemon Sword and Shield ... ›
- Pokémon Sword and Shield guide: Where to find Gigantamax Meowth ›