Lindsay Lohan will open a beach club as a 32-year-old trainwreck, and a reboot of Temptation Island will air on USA because the network doesn't care if the American public suffers.
With January giving us the 2nd longest government shutdown and a depressing Dick Cheney biopic nominated as a Golden Globe Comedy, we need 2019 to be a good year for escapist TV.
After HBO released its new teaser at the Golden Globes, no one should have to leave their house this winter. HBO will deliver new seasons of fan obsessions like Game of Thrones and Big Little Lies, while NBC will resurrect the much-mourned Brooklyn Nine-Nine, adding its sixth season to its Thursday night lineup. Meanwhile, networks like MTV and and the CW are slated to debut more shows that assault common decency and bully America with celebrity misbehavior and melodramatic teenagers played by thirty-year-olds.
Here are the most–and least–anticipated shows of 2019:
Most Anticipated TV Shows
Here's Your First Look at Game of Thrones, Euphoria, Watchmen & Big Little Lies #HBO2019 youtu.be
Game of Thrones (HBO) April 2019
According to the teaser, Jon Snow will bring Daenerys to Winterfell. Sansa Stark will give her a steely, "Winterfell is yours, your grace." Season 8 will premiere in April and continue the saga of the Northern Lands.
Big Little Lies (HBO) Unconfirmed, 2019
Meryl Streep will join the already illustrious cast of Academy Award winning women. In season 2, Streep will take on the role of Celeste Wright, the mother-in-law of Nicole Kidman's character.
True Detective (HBO) January 13, 2019
Mahershala Ali will join the cast as Wayne Hays, a state police detective from Arkansas. The third season will investigate a crime in the Ozarks over a span of three decades. Hopefully it'll be a return to form.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC) January 10, 2019Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season 6
The fan favorite will return this Thursday at 9PM with a reduced season of 18 episodes. Was Holt made police commissioner? How are Jack and Amy as newlyweds? This will also be Chelsea Peretti's last season, with mystery surrounding the circumstances of her character's exit.
Stranger Things (Netflix) July 4, 2019
Den of Geek
The third season of the streaming sensation will premiere on Independence Day with a premiere episode that Netflix President Cindy Holland promises is "worth the wait." The show's creators have teased that the upcoming season is " bigger and better than last year."
Least Anticipated TV Shows
1. Lindsay Lohan's Beach Club (MTV) January 8, 2019
Lohan aims for a comeback as the 32-year-old (former?) trainwreck opens a beach club in Mykonos. Watch as she hires hosts, bartenders, and bottle servers but gives them the title of "ambassadors." It will probably be bland and cringe-worthy, but with Lohan's applicants saying lines like, "If I knew I was going to meet Lindsay, of course I would have put on clothes," it might sate your 2019 craving for guilty pleasure TV.
2. Temptation Island (USA) January 15, 2019
Original 2001 promo posterTMZ
It's a reboot of the 2001 garbage hit from the first generation of reality shows, because USA network apparently doesn't care if the American public suffers.
3. The Hills: New Beginnings (MTV) October 15, 2019
Original The HillsDaily Mail
Another reboot of a reality show that depressed 90s kids, this horror show will feature Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee's son, who's somehow 22 years old. Also awful: Mischa Barton will be returning.
4. Roswell, New Mexico (CW) January 15, 2019
Original show promoStream on Demand
In yet another reboot of a 90s series, this one features more of CW's bread and butter: attractive teenagers misbehaving–but this time one's a space alien.
5. Rodents of Unusual Size (PBS) January 14, 2019
Louisiana's plagued by giant swamp rats. PBS calls this "a real-life horror 'tail.'" Run for your life.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
Porn videos games and video game themed porn are suddenly on the rise.
One of the biggest things that sets Millenials and Gen Z apart from previous generations is their relationship with technology, a common critique being that video games have replaced real life for many young people, particularly young men.
It's true that many 20-and-30-somethings began playing video games when their brains were still malleable.This was before psychologists began raising concerns about the effect it may have on the brain, concerns that are now backed by a mountain of evidence. Frequent video game playing has been connected to a myriad of issues, including decreased life satisfaction, loneliness, decreased social competence, poorer academic achievement, increased impulsivity, increased aggression, and increased depression and anxiety.
- Why Men Need to be Rescued from Pornography and Video Games ... ›
- Internet & Video Game Addiction – Your Brain On Porn ›
- Video Game Addiction - The Control Center ›
- 'The Demise of Guys': How video games and porn are ruining a ... ›
- Why Are So Many Guys Addicted to Internet Porn and Video Games? ›
- Groundbreaking Study Finds Video Game Addiction Is Linked To ... ›
- How Gaming and Porn Addiction Are Ruining a Generation ›
Back in my day, we just sang about doin' it.
When it comes to music, it's as if I have a boomer's soul.
Despite falling neatly in the middle of the millennial generation, I was raised on Johnny Cash, Bobby Darin, and the Everly Brothers–which is to say, I understand nothing. Why is Billie EIlish so sad? What does Lizzo dream about? Who said Ed Sheeran was allowed to have a career? What's "DaBaby?" And then there's Harry Styles. Oh, Harry Styles: a beacon of (maybe) bisexual boy band energy and tutu-wearing masculinity. I can dig it. But then he released "Watermelon Sugar." Rolling Stone greeted its arrival by saying "Harry Styles Yearns for Taste of 'Watermelon Sugar.'" They wrote that the "track has the singer nostalgic for 'that summer feeling,' yearning for berries and the taste of watermelon sugar." Aw, so wholesome, so sweet.
Ariana Grande - "Side to Side"
- Harry Styles Releases "Watermelon Sugar" Video - Popdust ›
- The Sexiest Songs of 2020 (So Far...) - Popdust ›
- These Are The Most Sexual Food Song Lyrics Of All Time -- Sexual ... ›
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend songs bring the sexual innuendo in “To Josh ... ›
- 'Til the juice runs down my leg: 23 songs that use fruit for sexual ... ›
- Episode 038 - Songs That Are Sexual Innuendos - YouTube ›
- The 40 Most Sexual Hits in Top 40 History | Complex ›
- 25 Surprisingly Dirty Songs That Rank Among Rock And Roll's ... ›
- 69 Songs You Never Realised Were Actually About Sex ›
- Songs About Sex Dirty Lyrics Hidden Sexual Innuendos ›
- 10 songs you didn't know were about sex the first time you heard it ›
- These Are the 13 Most Explicit Sexual Innuendos in Music History ›
- 52 Sex Songs to Add to Your Bedroom Playlist - Best Sexy Songs ›
- The 50 Sexiest Songs Of All Time | Billboard ›
- 40 Best Songs to Have Sex To - Sexiest Songs ›
- 17 Super Sexual Songs That Will Make You Drop Your Panties ... ›