Don't let your Boomer family get you down.
Thanksgiving has always been about food.
We suffer through the awkward small talk and often anti-climactic football games for the sake of the meal that awaits us at the end of the day, and even then that "meal" is representative of ethnic cleansing and genocide. But there are a few other pros that lay outside of gorging yourself on mashed potatoes. The holiday always falls on a Thursday, which means you always have a four day weekend. Black Friday is also the following day, so despite whatever infuriating experiences you may have on Thanksgiving with your family, you can at least rest easy knowing you can go out and buy enough stuff to numb the pain.
These reasons alone are enough to warrant celebration. So while you clench your jaw through what is almost guaranteed to be a painfully long afternoon, why not curate some music to help elevate your mood and remind yourself that a four day weekend of relaxation awaits?
"Thank U" By Alanis Morrisette
- 30 Best Thanksgiving Songs for Your Turkey Day Playlist - Music to ... ›
- Pass The Pie, Cherish The Day: A Thanksgiving Playlist : All Songs ... ›
- 29 Best Thanksgiving Songs for 2019 - Fun Thanksgiving Music ... ›
- 40 Best Thanksgiving Songs for 2019 - Fun Thanksgiving Dinner ... ›
- 30 Best Thanksgiving Songs for Your Playlist 2019 ›
The Austrian artist pairs with the L.A. singer on new release "Monday," a subtle electronic dance track that jumps headfirst into the joy of a crush.
Austrian songwriter and producer filous marks his second original release of 2019 with "Monday," an unabashedly sweet dance-floor collaboration with L.A.-based singer Ashe.
Coming off of "All My Friends Are Rich" with Louis III, as well as his remixes of Alina Baraz and ARIZONA, filous brings his electronic sensibility to a new track, playing with the dizziness of love at first sight. Eschewing his usual blaring theatricality for a more low-key electro-groove, filous conducts the sound of "Monday" with a gentle hand, with an insistent beat made lighter by a plucking guitar and flute-like synths.
Ashe's voice barely rises above a whisper on the song's verses, co-written with filous, conveying the self-consciousness of a developing crush. "Just let me say this right," she pleads, just before the vocal layering blossoms to life on the hook. From there, the chorus draws its simple confidence, as Ashe speaks her desire aloud: that her initial infatuation will grow into something lasting. filous' self-assured production handles the transitions between the track's heartfelt lyrics and sparkling dance beats with smooth confidence.
On "Monday," filous and Ashe capture that magical connection of a chance encounter turning into something more. The track is subtle, but not restrained. "Monday" is the pure enjoyment of a feeling, and its sweetness only makes it that much more endearing.
- filous and klei - "Bicycle" (acoustic) (premiere) - PopMatters ›
- Austrian Producer Filous Releases New Single 'Knots' ft. Klei ›
- filous - All My Friends Are Rich feat. Louis III (Official Video) [Ultra ... ›
- Filous and Louis III drop video for summer-ready song "All My ... ›
- FILOUS drops new track "Shaded In" - Northern Transmissions ›