Another new song, "Kyoto," is all about astrology, chemtrails, and sadness, and we'd expect nothing less.
Phoebe Bridgers, the astrology-loving wunderkind who solidified her place in indie folk royalty with 2017's Stranger In the Alps, is officially at work on her second album.
"The production is totally different to my first record. People still kind of think of me as like a folk artist, but on the first record, I truly was deferring to other people to produce me," she said. "I basically had these country folk songs. [On the new record] I do a little bit of screaming on what we've recorded so far."
Bridgers has had a busy few years. After a stint opening for Julien Baker, she joined the supergroup Boygenius (with Baker and fellow indie rocker Lucy Dacus), and the trio released an EP. Then she formed a duo with Bright Eyes frontman Conor Oberst called Better Oblivion Community Center, and the two released their debut last year.
She's been pretty quiet about her solo work, but this week she debuted a total of four new songs at various performances. These songs are called "Halloween," "Kyoto," "Garden Song," and "Graceland Too," as far as we know. Bridgers is an incredibly talented lyricist, and these songs show her interweaving modern themes like conspiracy theories and astrology with characteristically devastating refrains.
Phoebe Bridgers - Halloween (Live Debut)  www.youtube.com
While we don't have a date for the next album, judging by these songs, it'll be worth the wait.
boygenius - "Salt In The Wound" (Live at WFUV) www.youtube.com
- Slow Dakota's "Tornado Mass": A Symphony of Disaster and Rebirth - Popdust ›
- Ravahn Tells Us How to Have a Spiritual Awakening - Popdust ›
- Phoebe Bridgers (@_fake_nudes_) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Phoebe Bridgers Issues New Statement on Ryan Adams Abuse ... ›
- phoebe bridgers's stream on SoundCloud - Hear the world's sounds ›
- Phoebe Bridgers Profile: The "Motion Sickness" Singer Has ... ›
- Phoebe Bridgers on Spotify ›
- Phoebe Bridgers - 198 Photos - Performing Arts - ›
- Phoebe Bridgers - Motion Sickness (Official Video) - YouTube ›
- millennial falcon (@phoebe_bridgers) | Twitter ›
- Phoebe Bridgers - Wikipedia ›
- Phoebe Bridgers ›
There's a big problem with the trailer for Morbius, Sony's upcoming Marvel outing that is definitely not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe even though it has Michael Keaton reprising his role as Vulture (please let us keep our license, Disney!).
See if you can spot it.
MORBIUS - Teaser Trailer www.youtube.com
If you answered, "Sampling Beethoven's 'Für Elise' to line up with blue-tinted action shots is the absolute lowest effort, brain-dead attempt to signify 'gothic vampire movie' in the entire history of movie trailers," you're correct, but that's still not the biggest problem with Morbius. No, the biggest problem is that Morbius is played by Jared Leto.
The best thing about movies is that sometimes they feature cats.
Cats are great. They are furry purr-boxes that usually hate you. Whether they're the hero, the villain, or just kind of there, nothing beats watching a movie and seeing a cat on-screen. So we've compiled a list of the best REAL cats in movies. That means the movie needs to feature a REAL cat instead of an animated cat, because otherwise this would just be a list of cartoon cats. These cats are REAL, and they're works of art:
- 33 Drunken Thoughts I Had During "Cats," The Greatest Movie ... ›
- Why “Cats” Is the Cult Movie Classic of the Future - Popdust ›
- Why Do We Need a "Cats" Movie? - Popdust ›