From Taylor Swift's politics to Cardi B's epic return, the AMA's did not dissapoint.
The 2018 American Music Awards aired last night, and I think we can all agree that this year was particularly epic.
Tracee Ellis Ross hosted for a second consecutive year, and once again struck the perfect balance of funny and mean. She opened the show with a dance routine and a monologue, during which she promised to highlight black designers and hoped that she would end up on 'The Shade Room,' or what she called the 'black TMZ.'
- Taylor Swift wins big at AMAs, urges fans to vote ›
- The American Music Awards 2018 - CNN ›
- American Music Awards 2018: Everything you need to know ›
- American Music Awards - Wikipedia ›
- twenty one pilots: Jumpsuit [Live from the American Music Awards ... ›
- American Music Awards (@amas) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- AMAs 2018: Taylor Swift wins big at American Music Awards ... ›
- Watch The American Music Awards TV Show - ABC.com ›
- AMAs Vote 2018: Choose Your Favorite American Music Awards ... ›
- American Music Awards ›
The playful duo appeared on Twitter.
Bruno Mars just turned 33 yesterday — and how did he celebrate his big three three? By hiring Ed Sheeran to serenade him, of course.
You know you’ve made it when you can hire Ed Sheeran to sing you Happy Birthday! 🍾🥂 #ExtraForever!… https://t.co/jF6KF25XWc— Bruno Mars (@Bruno Mars)1539044521.0
The 'Uptown Funk' singer ate cake backstage at Nashville's Bridgestone Arena on his '24K Magic Tour' while Sheeran sang 'Happy Birthday.' The hilarious video made its way to Mars' Twitter and fans went wild for the onscreen bromance.
The lyrics seem pretty standard, but then Sheeran addressed Mars as 'Dear Two Time Super Bowl performing Bruno' instead of the usual boring name plug. Mars obviously approves as he cuts into his birthday cake, marked with his name and surrounded by smaller cupcakes. Mars then tells Sheeran 'Again!' and the 'Shape of You' singer reluctantly complies.
The Twitter video is playfully captioned 'You know you've made it when you can hire Ed Sheeran to sing you Happy Birthday!' and I have to agree. I mean, I've never been serenaded by anyone remotely as famous as Ed Sheeran!
This isn't the first we've seen of this bromance either — Sheeran once told ET in an interview that he and Mars 'hang out' in the studio. Sheeran also expressed his respect and admiration for 'Finesse' and its music video saying that it wouldn't have been as cool if he were in it.
And of course, you can't post a video like this without the usual Bruno Mars stans replying on Twitter. Following the funky singer, they've dubbed Oct. 8 as #HappyBrunoMarsDay, filling the hashtag full of memes and congratulations.
@BrunoMars #ExtraForeva HAPPY BRUNO MARS DAY https://t.co/ZCTjir0TQp— cosmos🌠seeker (@cosmos🌠seeker)1539057939.0
Happy birthday @BrunoMars!!! Got us celebrating like...#HappyBrunoMarsDay 💃🏼🙌🏼❤️ https://t.co/5OoWiAbg9v— Rotceh Maldonado (@Rotceh Maldonado)1539044681.0
Even some celebrities came to Twitter to wish Mars a Happy Birthday, such as Missy Elliott and Ellen DeGeneres.
Happy birthday, @BrunoMars. I ❤️ you. https://t.co/z4ecmg44wg— Ellen DeGeneres (@Ellen DeGeneres)1539019590.0
Happppppppy Birrrrrrrrthday @BrunoMars such a undeniable talent & mad skills but most of all a beautiful soul much… https://t.co/QhIAqeOBZV— Missy Elliott (@Missy Elliott)1539059411.0
Bruno Mars is having an amazing year right now — he recently released 'Wake Up in the Sky' with Kodak Black and Gucci Mane and announced the Finale of his 24K Magic Tour. Mars also has five of the Top 600 Biggest Songs of All Time on the Billboard Hot 100 and received an EMMY nomination for Outstanding Music Direction. Mars won the BET Award for Best Male R&B/Pop Artist for 2018 and was nominated for 15 Billboard music awards.
POP⚡DUST | Read More ...
- Bruno Mars concert: Ed Sheeran sings Bruno Mars 'Happy Birthday ... ›
- Bruno Mars 'hires' Ed Sheeran to sing him 'Happy Birthday' ›
- Ed Sheeran & Bruno Mars live - The A Team - Scottrade Center St ... ›
- Ed Sheeran serenades Bruno Mars with Happy Birthday' song ... ›
- Bruno Mars' Birthday Celebration Included Getting Serenaded by Ed ... ›
- Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran Greatest Hits Full Album - YouTube ›
- Bruno Mars Celebrated His Birthday By 'Hiring' Ed Sheeran | HuffPost ›
- Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars Have Fake VMAs Twitter Feud | Time ›
- Bruno Mars 'Hires' Ed Sheeran to Sing Him Happy Birthday ... ›
- Bruno Mars starts fake Twitter beef with Ed Sheeran | EW.com ›
The newly acquired brand updates its classic sunglasses inspired by the Notorious B.I.G.
Biggie Smalls wasn't just known for his rapping skills.
The Brooklyn-born rapper also made waves in fashion. He introduced his followers to Versace shades, COOGI sweaters and turtleneck sweaters. Now, Versace is bringing back his iconic Medusa frames in a newer, updated style for one month only.
The updated style boasts a low-lens front shape and wide-style temples for a more modern look. Compared to the OG shades, this new pair is definitely more structured and fresh, but the shades will still feature the same gold metal Medusa medallions that Biggie wore.
The glasses will cost $295 and be available in Barney's stores and on their website starting Oct. 8, and will be available for purchase until Nov. 8.
Along with fellow rapper 2Pac, Biggie locked down Versace as a staple of hip-hop fashion. He was also one of the first rappers to be invited to the Italian house of opulance's fashion shows. Modern rappers like 2 Chainz and Tyga have also attempted to revive the famous Medusa shades.
Another one of Biggie's favorite fashion choices was the COOGI sweater — originally made in Melbourne for rich, upper class white folks, the Notorious B.I.G. re-appropriated the sweater for the hip-hop community. And again, rappers today love paying tribute to his looks — Drake and A$AP Mob are just a few of the artists who have sported the colorful threads.
Not all of Biggie's styles were discontinued — Biggie loved to rock some BAPE camo which is still trendy today. NIGO, a young designer who was also a fan of hip hop, started designing camo inspired pieces and managed to get the Bad Boy rapper to wear some. Now, BAPE is a popular brand and camo is everywhere.
The revival of the famous Versace shades was the brand's first major announcement after being bought by Michael Kors. Some say it's Kors already trying to profit off the brand's history, while others think this is Versace's last big stunt. Regardless, a little more Biggie fashion in the world can't be a bad thing.
Amber Wang is a freelancer for Popdust, Gearbrain and various other sites. She is also a student at NYU, a photographer and a marketing intern.
POP⚡DUST | Read More ...
- The Notorious B.I.G. – Hypnotize Lyrics | Genius Lyrics ›
- That Time Donatella Versace Told Nicki Minaj That The Notorious ... ›
- The Notorious B.I.G. – One More Chance / Stay With Me (Remix ... ›
- A History of Versace in Hip-Hop | Complex ›
- Versace Rereleases Iconic Biggie Frame | HYPEBEAST ›
- Notorious B.I.G.'s Iconic Versace Sunglasses Are Finally Back (But ... ›
- Donatella Versace Talks Notorious BIG | The FADER ›
- Versace Is Reissuing Biggie's Favorite Medusa Sunglasses ›
- Lord Jamar on Black Fashion: Versace Didn't Want Biggie Wearing ... ›
- Biggie's 10 Greatest Fashion Moments: What Died & What Lived On ... ›